When cooked correctly, barbecue chicken has a caramelized, slightly charred exterior that locks in the juices and is crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. Our method delivers smoky BBQ flavor with juicy, tender chicken in every bite.
Best tender and juicy BBQ chicken breast
BBQ chicken is one of our favorite meals when grilling season arrives. Char meat with sweet and sticky barbecue sauce is just so satisfying. We turn to it again and again. Not only does a hearty side dish and corn on the cob make for a delicious dinner, but leftovers make a great addition to a salad or tossed onto dough for a quick and easy BBQ chicken pizza.
But here comes the problem. I love chicken breasts, but they can get dry and tough very quickly when grilled. Believe please. “Mom, look at these cool tricks you can do on a trampoline!!” he completes with just one. The chicken breast will be tender and juicy, and you’ll be in “better order a pizza” condition. But no more!! Now you know the secret to tender, flavorful and juicy grilled chicken breast. every time. And what’s the best? No special materials or tools required. No need to marinate overnight. In fact, it only takes 30 minutes and a few ingredients we all have. salt and water.
A quick dip in salt water is all it takes to create the finest grilled chicken. Toss the chicken breast into the salt water and let the rest of the meal prep and grill heat up for 30 minutes before tossing the chicken. Grill and simmer with your favorite BBQ sauce for the next 10 minutes. The most flavorful, juicy and tender grilled BBQ chicken breast I have ever had. Fire up the grill and start cooking.
Ingredients needed to make BBQ chicken breast:
- chicken breast– We used boneless, skinless chicken breast. Bone-in chicken breast can also be used, but the cooking time should be adjusted accordingly.
- barbecue sauce– Be sure to use your preferred brand as this will affect the taste of the chicken. It’s also delicious with homemade BBQ sauce.
- paprika– Paprika adds an extra smoky flavor to chicken.
- oil– I used olive oil, but you can use any neutral flavored oil.
- cold water & sea salt– Create brine using salt and water. Soak chicken breasts in salted water for 30 minutes before grilling. It adds incredible flavor, tenderizes the chicken, and locks in moisture. Brine = no need for dry, flavorless grilled chicken breast.
How to make tender and juicy BBQ chicken breast:
- Soak the chicken in salt water. Add water and salt to a large container mixing bowl Stir until the salt dissolves. Add the chicken breast and place in the refrigerator. Let stand for 30 minutes.
- Season the chicken. Remove chicken from brine and pat dry with paper towels. Brush the chicken with olive oil and sauté the paprika.
- Heat up the grill. Heat grill to medium heat. When the grill is hot enough, grease the grill to prevent the chicken from sticking.
- Grill and broil the chicken. Place chicken on preheated grill and season with BBQ sauce. Cook gently for 5-6 minutes before flipping. Season again with the BBQ sauce and cook for an additional 5-6 minutes or until the chicken breast reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- holiday. Remove the chicken from the grill and finish with the BBQ sauce. Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving to redistribute the juices. fun!
Tips and Suggestions:
How long should a chicken breast be grilled?
The ideal cooking time for grilled chicken is 9-12 minutes, depending on the thickness of the chicken breast. Aim for a grill temperature of about 425°F. The chicken breast is ready when the internal temperature reaches 165 °C. Check the temperature of the thickest part of the chicken breast.
What goes well with BBQ chicken breast?
The sweet, smoky flavor of grilled BBQ chicken breast goes well with a variety of things. Here are some of our favorite dishes to serve with.
More delicious grilled chicken recipes:
Tender and juicy barbecued chicken breast
When cooked correctly, a barbecue chicken breast is caramelized and slightly charred on the outside, trapping the gravy, crunchy on the outside and tender on the inside. Our method delivers smoky BBQ flavor with juicy, tender chicken in every bite.
Portion: 6 one serving
- 2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- 2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- Four cup water nice
- 1 1/2 tablespoon fine sea salt
Chicken breast in brine. This will allow the chicken to absorb moisture and prevent it from drying out on the grill. The salting time is short, so it won’t be salty, but the umami and moisture will be outstanding!
In a large mixing bowl, add 4 cups of cold water and sea salt and mix until the salt dissolves. Add the chicken breast to the water, cover and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
Heat the grill to medium while you salt the chicken. Brush the grill with a little olive oil before placing the chicken on it.
Remove chicken from brine and pat dry with paper towels. Brush the chicken with olive oil and sauté paprika on both sides.
Place the chicken on the hot grill and spread the BBQ sauce on top. Cook as is for 5-6 minutes. Flip chicken over and move to cold side of grill. Grill the other side with BBQ sauce. Cover grill and allow cooking to complete until internal temperature reaches 165°F. Remove from the grill and finish with a brush with BBQ sauce. Cover and let rest for 5-10 minutes before serving. fun!
calorie: 336kcal | carbohydrates: 20g | protein: 33g | obesity: 13g | saturated fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated fat: 2g | Monounsaturated fat: 8g | Trans fat: 0.02g | cholesterol: 97mg | sodium: 2419mg | potassium: 686mg | fiber: 1g | sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 480IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | calcium: 31mg | iron: 1mg
I am a registered dietitian, mother of four, food enthusiast and a strong advocate of healthy habits. Here you’ll find delicious fruit and vegetable-heavy recipes, tips to help your child eat better and more intuitively, and tons of resources for feeding your family.
Learn more about Natalie