This Strawberry Banana Frozen Yogurt has the same great flavor and nutrition of a smoothie, but it’s thick, creamy, deliciously cold and refreshing!
Strawberry banana frozen yogurt recipe how to make
This homemade frozen treat combines the classic flavors of strawberry and banana…in my opinion, they were meant to go together. is.
When the bananas are starting to brown and you’re not ready to make banana bread, peel the bananas, break them into quarters, and place them in a freezer-friendly zip-top bag. You can also use it for banana bread. This frozen yogurt recipe is a great way to use frozen bananas.
The texture is like my favorite soft serve ice cream, but you can also freeze it completely and scoop it out later. Depending on your freezer temperature, you may need to soak the ice cream scoop in hot water before scooping.
Strawberry Banana Frozen Yogurt Ingredients
This delicious treat only has 5 ingredients, so it’s quick to make.
- strawberries – Frozen strawberries are perfect for this recipe. If you don’t have a freezer on hand, you can use it raw.
- banana – The riper the better! Use frozen for best texture and flavor.
- greek yogurt – I like plain yogurt best for this recipe, but you can also use vanilla.
- Honey – Add sweetness. You can use more or less depending on how ripe your strawberries and bananas are.
- lemon – Gives a fresh citrus flavor and brightens the flavor of other ingredients.
How to make Strawberry Banana Frozen Yogurt
This recipe is incredibly easy to make!
- Mix all ingredients in a food processor or blender. If you have large strawberries or bananas, we recommend using a food processor. A powerful blender will also work, but the blender may have difficulty cracking hard frozen fruit without liquid.
- Blend until smooth, stopping scraping sides if necessary.
- Serve immediately for a soft-serve texture, or pour into freezer-safe containers with lids and freeze for 3-4 hours before serving.
Frozen yogurt recipe variations
This frozen yogurt recipe can be easily adjusted to suit individual tastes. Simply replace strawberries and bananas with 4 cups of your favorite frozen fruit. Try freshly made frozen yogurt with soft ice cream using seasonal ingredients! These are some of our favorite fruit combinations:
- mango + lime – Think of this as having a mango lassi – creamy, tart and wonderful.
- raspberry + blackberry – Ultimate Berry Blast.
- blueberry + lemon – Like a muffin, but frozen!
- Kiwi + Pineapple – Tropical treats.
- orange + coconut – A twist on the classic orange creamsicle.
Other Frozen Yogurt Recipes
Looking for more delicious frozen yogurt recipes? These are some of my favorites:
- orange creamsicle – We turned fresh oranges into a healthy, creamy version of our childhood favorite orange creamsicle popsicles.
- creamy mango – This is a surprisingly creamy dairy-free version.
- frozen cheesecake bites – Creamy Greek yogurt frozen in an ice cube tray makes these delicious bites!
- 2 cup strawberry frozen
- 3 Moderate banana frozen
- 3 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt, plain
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Place all ingredients in a food processor or blender.
Blend until smooth, stopping scraping sides if necessary.
Serve immediately for a soft-serve texture, or pour into freezer-safe containers with lids and freeze for 3-4 hours before serving.
calorie: 172kcal | | carbohydrate: 40g | | protein: Fourg | | thick: 1g | | saturated fat: 1g | | Polyunsaturated fat: 1g | | Monounsaturated fat: 1g | | cholesterol: 2mg | | sodium: 14mg | | potassium: 439mg | | fiber: Fourg | | sugar: 28g | | Vitamin A: 82IU | | Vitamin C: 52mg | | calcium: 50mg | | iron: 1mg
I am a registered dietitian, mother of four, a food lover and a strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you’ll find delicious, fruit- and veg-rich recipes, tips to help your kids eat better and more intuitively, and tons of resources to feed your family.
Learn more about Natalie