Try this easy and delicious appetizer Instagram As part of the #AKSnackSeries a few weeks ago, it was too good not to blog.
meet me smoked salmon crostini Made with 5 main ingredients plus a sprinkle of fresh chives + all bagel seasoning.In just 20 minutes you can make the perfect flavorful appetizer or snack. If you love delicious bagels and lox, these cute crostini will become your new favorite.
Bonus points if you want to make a fuller meal, just add the ingredients to the chunky sourdough toast! Watch them disappear.
Ingredients for this smoked salmon crostini
What’s the best thing about this smoked salmon crostini? It’s easy to make with very simple ingredients, so you can focus on socializing instead of making tedious appetizers. Here’s what you need to create:
- French baguette: Crostini base of course! Slice the baguette into his 1/2-inch slices to create a base for the topping.
- Olive oil: Don’t forget to brush the baguette slices a little Olive oil They bake nice and golden.
- Cream cheese: I love using whipped chive cream cheese in this recipe. See below for other options.
- salmon: I usually use Nova Rocks salmon, but you can use any brand of smoked salmon you like.
- red onion: For a little crunch and zippy flavor.
- Garnish with: Finish the crostini All but bagel seasoning Chopped chives or scallions for the ultimate bite.
Customize your crostini
This smoked salmon crostini can be easily customized to your liking and use whatever you have on hand.
- Choose cream cheese. If you can’t find chive cream cheese, mix a few tablespoons of chopped chives into the softened cream cheese. You can also make it with vegetable cream cheese, or spice it up with jalapeño cream cheese.
- Do not use dairy products. Feel free to use your favorite dairy-free cream cheese like Mykonos.
- Make it gluten free. You can easily swap out regular baguettes for gluten-free bread or gluten-free crackers.
Smoked salmon crostini in 3 easy steps
- Bake the bread. Brush the sliced baguette with a little olive oil and bake at 350 degrees F until the edges are lightly golden.
- Assemble the crostini. Make sure baguette slices are cool, then sprinkle with cream cheese, smoked salmon, onion slices, non-bagel condiments, and sprinkle with chives.
- plate & serve. Add crostini to pretty plates or platter And serve!
turn crostini into a meal
Looking for a healthy snack or a delicious breakfast or lunch?
These smoked salmon crostini are best eaten during the day. If only a few people are to be fed, it is advisable to assemble only the edibles.
More Appetizers You’ll Love
Get all appetizer recipes here!
We hope you like these easy Smoked Salmon Crostini. Please leave comments and ratings when you make them. I can see how much you liked it. Have fun, xo!
Made with simple ingredients, delicious smoked salmon crostini are perfect for a quick appetizer or snack. Turn your favorite bagels and lox into a fun and flavorful appetizer to share with friends and family! Perfect for brunch and ready in just 20 minutes.
French baguette, cut into 1/2 inch slices
extra virgin olive oil
whipped chive cream cheese
Nova Rocks Salmon
red onion, very thinly sliced
All but bagel seasoning
finely chopped chives or scallions
Preheat oven to 350ºF. Arrange the baguette slices on a baking sheet and brush with olive oil. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are slightly golden and allow to cool slightly.
Spread a tablespoon of cream cheese on each crostini and top with smoked salmon, two slices of onion, a shake of Everything Butt Bagel seasoning, and a pinch of chives or scallions.
Serve immediately on your favorite plate, cutting board, or platter and enjoy!
If you can’t find chive cream cheese, chop up a few tablespoons of chives and mix them into the softened cream cheese. You can also use chopped green onions instead!
Serving: 15 servings
Serving size: 1 Crostini
calorie: 111 calories
saturated fat: 3.4g
Recipe: Monique Volz // Ambitious Kitchen | Photographer eat sweets