jumped on Smash taco trend And we made these turkey smashburger tacos a little lighter than what we saw on TikTok. It turned out delicious!
smash taco recipe
This 6-ingredient smash taco recipe was a big hit at our house! If you have a grill black stone, or in a cast-iron skillet, healthy smash tacos are a must. Season and mash ground turkey in a burger press and top with cheese, corn tortillas, avocado and pico de gallo. Plus, these high-protein tacos have 41 grams of protein in just two tacos. If you love tacos, check out more dinner ideas like beef tacos, grilled chicken tacos with lettuce slaw, and vegetarian black bean tacos.
- Ground turkey: I bought 93% lean turkey to keep these tacos light.
- Octopus seasoning: You can make taco seasoning at home or buy it at a store. I prefer making it because it’s cheaper and healthier than the ready-made one.
- cheese: shredded cheddar or Mexican cheese mix
- tortilla: You will need 8 corn tortillas.
- avocado: Thinly slice 1 hearth avocado for topping.
- Pico de Gallo: Here’s an easy recipe for homemade pico de gallo, tomato, onion, and coriander salsa. Store-bought ones also work.
How to make smash tacos
made this Reels Smash Burger Taco Recipe If you really want to see the steps below,
- Preparation: Before you start cooking, take out all your ingredients, prepare your toppings, and you’re all set.
- turkey: Season ground turkey with taco seasoning and roll into 8 balls, each weighing 2 ounces.
- Smash Turkey: Heat a griddle, blackstone, or cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat and spray with oil when hot. Place the turkey balls in the pan in batches, leaving enough space so they don’t touch when pressed. Using a round hamburger press, a large spatula with a mallet on top, or a small saucepan, pound the meat as thin as possible. Cook until the bottom is brown.
- Tortilla and cheese: Flip the turkey and top each patty with 2 tablespoons of cheese and a tortilla. Press down on tortilla and cook until bottom of turkey is browned and cheese is melted, 2 minutes. Flip and cook 1 more minute to brown the tortillas. Transfer the tacos meat side up to a plate.
- Provided by: Top each smash taco with avocado and pico de gallo.
what to serve with smash tacos
This easy smash burger taco recipe tastes great when paired with black beans and rice, pinto beans, Mexican brown rice, or the low-carb option coriander-lime cauliflower rice. For veggies, make Skillet Mexican Zucchini or Grilled Corn Salad. And don’t forget your drink! Try this Citrus Margarita Spritzer or Zero-Proof Jalapeno Paloma.
These smash tacos are best made and eaten right away. If you have leftover raw turkey, you can refrigerate it for a day and cook it the next day for fresh tacos. If you want to make whole sumatacos and save them for later, let them cool before storing them in the refrigerator. If you want to reheat it, please warm it with an iron plate or microwave.
Microwave and top with cheese, avocado and pico.
- meat: Replace ground turkey with lean ground beef or chicken.
- salsa: If you don’t have time to make pico de gallo, some supermarkets sell ready-made pico de gallo. You can use jarred salsa or make my No Cook Red Salsa or Salsa Verde.
- tortilla: Use flour tortillas instead of corn.
- avocado: Substitute guacamole for sliced avocado.
See more taco recipes you’ll love
yield: Four one serving
Serving size: 2 Taco
Prepare all the ingredients and everything will be ready.
Season ground turkey with taco seasoning and roll into 8 balls of 2 ounces each.
Heat a large griddle, blackstone, or cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat.
Spray oil when hot. Add the turkey balls in multiple batches, leaving plenty of room in between to unfold and top with a parchment paper.
Using a press or a large spatula with a mallet, mash everything as thin as possible. Bake until the bottom is brown.
Flip over and place about 2 tablespoons of shredded cheese on each, then place a tortilla on top.
Use a press to press each firmly. Cook until bottom of turkey is browned and cheese is melted, about 2 minutes. Flip over and cook 1 more minute, allowing tortillas to brown. Transfer the tortillas, meat side up, to a plate.
Topped with sliced avocado and pico de gallo and served with salsa if desired. Fold and eat immediately.
please leave a rating and comment Let us know if you like this recipe. This allows our business to thrive and allow us to continue providing free, high-quality recipes.
Provided by: 2 Taco, calorie: 452 kcal, carbohydrates: 32 g, protein: 31 g, obesity: 20 g, saturated fat: 8 g, cholesterol: 110 mg, sodium: 683 mg, fiber: Four g, sugar: 6 g