Roasted cauliflower and parmesan cheese is a delicious side dish, and roasting cauliflower with parmesan cheese makes it even better. This recipe is a hit with all who love the wonderful combination of roasted cauliflower and his parmesan cheese.
Try it later with PIN cauliflower served with roasted Parmesan cheese.
Through years of roasting different types of vegetables, Roasted Cauliflower with Parmesan Cheese It’s a grilled vegetable that I’ve made many times. Having wanted to cover the possibilities of roasted cauliflower, I was recently surprised when a failed cooking experiment led to a new variation of this recipe.
Jake and I tried roasting cauliflower in the air fryer and then tossing it with parmesan, but decided it wasn’t the way we liked it. , the oven was hot with another recipe, so I put the cauliflower in a large casserole dish and put it in the oven to melt the cheese a bit before eating..
And wow! The cheese melted in the hot oven formed a crunchy Parmesan crust on the bottom of the dish. And since the new version was so good, I decided I needed to update the method of this long-time favorite cauliflower recipe. That’s how this new and improved method for making this dish was born!
If you like the sound of roasted cauliflower and melting parmesan cheese, give it a try!
What are the ingredients needed for this recipe?
- Cauliflower cut into bite size pieces
- Olive oil (affiliate link)
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
What kind of parmesan cheese can I use for this?
This recipe uses freshly grated Parmesan or coarsely grated purchased Parmesan.
Who else likes roasted cauliflower?
If you love roasted cauliflower like I do, check out our low carb and keto roasted cauliflower recipes to find delicious recipes like this one.
More ideas for roasting vegetables:
Over the last few years, I’ve been completely obsessed with roasting vegetables.The classics like Roasted Asparagus, Roasted Brussels Sprouts, Roasted Butternut Squash, and Roasted Green Beans, along with Roasted Vidalia Onions, Roasted Radishes, and Roasted Zucchini. I made some weird ones.
To make roasted cauliflower parmesan cheese:
(Scroll down for the full printable recipe with nutritional information.)
- Cut the cauliflower into bite-sized pieces of the same size.
- Drizzle cauliflower with enough olive oil to lightly coat, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, and sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Spread cauliflower in a single layer in a very large casserole dish and start roasting at 450F/230C.
- Bake for 15 minutes, flip over and bake for another 15 minutes.
- while it’s hot. That’s all!
Other recipes using cauliflower and parmesan cheese:
1 very large head cauliflower, cut into bite-sized florets
2T olive oil (see note)
Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese (see note)
- Preheat oven to 450F/230C. Use the largest flat casserole dish you have and spray it with nonstick spray.
- Core the cauliflower and cut into bite-sized florets. Make sure they’re all the same size and smaller so they’re all nicely browned at the same time. also works well with broccoli.)
- Place cauliflower pieces in a large plastic bowl, add olive oil, and mix until all cauliflower pieces are lightly coated. (Slightly reduce the amount of olive oil at first, adding more if not enough to cover the cauliflower.)
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and toss with grated Parmesan cheese. (Adjust the amount of cheese according to the size of the cauliflower head.)
- Roast the cauliflower for 15 minutes. Next, remove the pan from the oven and use a large flat turner to turn the cauliflower over so the melted cheese is on top. Roast 15 minutes longer or until the cauliflower is cooked through and nicely browned. To do.
- while it’s hot. This can be reheated in the microwave or hot pan, but is best fresh.
You need enough olive oil to coat all the cauliflower florets. Use more or less grated Parmesan cheese, depending on the size of your cauliflower head. I used coarsely grated cheese.
Recipes created by Kalyn and updated for 2017 in a better way.
Nutrition Facts Table:
Amount Per Serving:
calorie: 162Total Fat: 11gsaturated fat: 3gUnsaturated fat: 7gcholesterol: 11mgsodium: 403mgcarbohydrates: 11gfiber: 5gsugar: 4gprotein: 7g
The Recipe Plug-In I use automatically calculates nutritional information. I am not a nutritionist and cannot guarantee 100% accuracy as many variables affect the calculations.
Low Carb / Low Glycemic / South Beach Diet Suggestions:
Cauliflower is a very low-carb vegetable, and roasted cauliflower with parmesan cheese makes a great side dish for any low-carb diet plan, including the keto diet. With moderate amounts of oil and cheese, any stage of the original South Beach diet could work.
Find more recipes like this:
Use side dishes to discover more side dish recipes like this one. Use the diet type index to find recipes that are suitable for specific meal plans.I also recommend following Karin’s Kitchen on Pinterest, on facebook, on Instagram, on TikTokagain on youtube To see all the good recipes I’m sharing there.
Historical notes for this recipe:
This recipe was originally posted in 2011. Updated with improved methods in 2017 and last updated with more information in 2022.
The Amazon Services LLC Associate Program is an affiliate promotion program designed to provide a means to earn commissions by linking to Amazon.co.jp and affiliate sites. As an Amazon Associate, I earn income from qualifying purchases.