This healthy Rainbow Quinoa Salad with Lemon Dressing is vegan, gluten-free, super delicious, perfect for meal prep, and doesn’t need reheating!
rainbow quinoa salad
My daughter Madison has been making Rainbow Salad since she was little. She is often asked to make it, so she always keeps colorful vegetables on hand. Sometimes I substitute radishes for tomatoes and green olives for cucumbers. Honestly, I use whatever is in the fridge! Quinoa salad is a great lunch or potluck side dish. My other favorites are this Mediterranean Quinoa Salad, Avocado Quinoa Salad, and Quinoa Black Bean Salad.
What are the benefits of eating quinoa?
Although technically a seed, quinoa is a grain rich in protein and fiber.All 9 Essential Amino Acids One cup of cooked quinoa contains about 8 grams of protein and 5 grams of fiber. It is also rich in other nutrients such as magnesium, iron, fiber and manganese.
Do you eat quinoa salad cold or hot?
This rainbow quinoa salad is served chilled, so it doesn’t need to be reheated, so it’s perfect for making ahead.
Ingredients for quinoa salad
- Quinoa: You will need 4 cups of cooked quinoa. That’s about 1.3 cups of uncooked quinoa.
- vegetable: Shredded Brussels sprouts, red cabbage, carrots, yellow peppers, mini cucumbers, cherry tomatoes
- Lemon dressing: lemon juice, olive oil, salt, black pepper
how to make quinoa for salad
Proper cooking of quinoa for salad is essential to avoid mushy quinoa. Use 1 3/4 cups water or broth for 1 cup raw quinoa (not 2 cups as the instructions say). You can also make it in an Instant Pot if you prefer.
how to make quinoa salad
- Whisk the dressing ingredients into a small bowl.
- put a cup of quinoa In each of the four bowls, place a quarter of the vegetables on top in rainbow order, starting with purple and ending with red.
- put dressing on Sprinkle over salad and season with salt and pepper as needed.
How many days can you eat quinoa salad?
Rainbow Quinoa Salad can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Meals are prepared in four 2-cup containers for lunches for the week.
- for extra protein, add black beans or chickpeas. If you want to add meat, diced chicken breast or eggs work well.
- Alternative Red or tricolor quinoa.
- use green olives or jalapenos instead of cucumber.
- if not found mini cucumberuse a large English cucumber.
- If you don’t mind the salad being rainbow short, red or orange paprika It works fine without the yellow.
- Alternative grape tomato for cherry.
- Save time: Use the shredding disc in your food processor to quickly shred Brussels sprouts, cabbage, and carrots. You can also buy pre-shredded from the supermarket.
- cheese: Quinoa salad topped with feta or goat cheese.
- Herbs: Add fresh herbs such as basil and parsley.
- give it to the crowd Mix all ingredients in a large bowl. You can also easily double or triple the recipe.
More Quinoa Recipes You’ll Love:
Your comments are helpful!if you tried this health rainbow quinoa salad Recipes and other stuff from Skinnytaste, don’t forget rate recipes When leave a comment under.And if you take a picture of it please share it with me Instagram Be able to re-share in stories!
rainbow quinoa salad with lemon dressing
Eat a rainbow! This healthy Rainbow Quinoa Salad with Lemon Dressing is vegan, gluten-free, super delicious, perfect for meal prep, and doesn’t need reheating!
- Four tablespoon lemon juice
- Four tablespoon Olive oil
- 1/2 tea spoon kosher salt
- fresh black pepper, taste
- Four cup cooked quinoa, from about 1 and 1/3 cups
- 1 cup shredded brussels sprouts
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup chopped or sliced carrots
- 1 cup yellow pepper
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- 1 cup mini tomato cut in half
Combine lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper in a small bowl and mix well.
Add 1 cup of quinoa to each bowl. Top with 1/4 cup of each vegetable in rainbow order, starting with purple and ending with red.
Drizzle the dressing over the salad and adjust with salt and pepper as needed.
Serving: 21/2 cup, calorie: 394kcal, carbohydrate: 51g, protein: 10.5g, thick: 17g, saturated fat: 2.5g, sodium: 184mg, fiber: 7g, sugar: 7g
keyword: Quinoa Salad, Rainbow Salad, Vegan Salad