this fall pumpkin banana bread is a moist and delicious variation of my Banana Bread recipe with pumpkin puree and spices.
pumpkin banana bread
If you like pumpkin bread and banana bread, you’ll love this combo that has the best of both worlds! I ate half of this bread before it cooled down and it was so good. Best topped with Pumpkin Spice Cream Cheese. We also have popular pumpkin chocolate chip muffins and pumpkin nut muffins.
Baking is truly a science. Remaking cakes and breads to make them healthier isn’t as easy as remaking soups and casseroles. So my fingers are crossed all the time whenever I’m experimenting with baking. Every day, I put it in my daughter’s lunch box and send it to school, and it is very popular!
pumpkin banana bread ingredients
- flour: I use all purpose and white whole wheat flour to give it more nutrition while keeping the texture light.
- baking soda Improves texture and helps bread rise.
- salt Balance the sweetness.
- spices: A mix of cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice screams “dropping”.
- banana: You want really ripe bananas. They should be more black than yellow – the more ripe the better!
- pumpkin: Use canned or homemade pumpkin puree.
- butter: Two tablespoons adds a little extra fat while keeping the nutritional information down. You can also use vegan butter.
- sugar: I use light brown sugar, but dark brown sugar works as well.
- egg: 1 egg white and 1 whole egg to reduce fat.
- vanilla extract for extra flavor
- pecan: Replace them with walnuts, or for nut-free pumpkin bread, omit them or sub-chocolate chips.
how to make pumpkin banana bread
- Preheat oven to 325°F and grease a 9-inch by 5-inch loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, pumpkin spice, and salt.
- Put butter and sugar in a large bowl and cream with an electric mixer.
- Add the egg whites, eggs, banana, pumpkin and vanilla and beat on medium speed until thickened. Scrape down sides of bowl.
- Add dry ingredients and nuts (if using) and mix on low speed. Do not overmix.
- Pour dough into pan and bake on center rack for 55-60 minutes or until clean with toothpick inserted in center.
- Let pan cool for at least 20 minutes before slicing. Bring the pumpkin bread to room temperature so it doesn’t fall apart when cut.
how to freeze pumpkin banana bread
Banana bread can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days and in the freezer for up to 3 months. Wrap slices in foil or plastic wrap and place in a freezer-safe container or bag.To thaw, transfer directly from freezer to refrigerator or microwave.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Why is pumpkin bread so hard?
If your pumpkin bread is hard, the problem is often caused by mixing too many dry and wet ingredients. Stir thoroughly so that there are no dry spots in the batter.
Can I use pumpkin instead of banana in baking?
Pumpkin can usually be substituted for bananas when baking. However, ripe bananas are sweeter than pumpkins, so baked goods may not be as sweet.
How do you know when pumpkin bread is made?
It takes about an hour for the pumpkin bread to bake. Check doneness by inserting a toothpick into the middle of the bread. When the toothpick comes out cleanly, the bread is ready.
Can I make pumpkin banana muffins instead of bread?
Yes, you can use batter instead of bread to make muffins.
See more pumpkin recipes
Your comments are helpful!! If you have tried this health pumpkin banana bread Recipes or other recipes for Skinnytaste, don’t forget rate recipes When leave a comment under!And if you took a picture of it please share it with me Instagram So I can re-share my story!
pumpkin banana bread
This fall pumpkin banana bread is a variation of my banana bread recipe that is moist and delicious with pumpkin puree and spices.
- baking spray
- 3/4 cup Unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white whole grain
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 3 Moderate very ripe medium banana, crushed
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, Unpacking
- 1 big egg white
- 1 big egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, option
Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan with baking spray.
In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, pumpkin spice, and salt. set aside.
Cream the butter and sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer.
Add the egg whites, eggs, banana, pumpkin and vanilla and beat on medium speed until thickened. Scrape down sides of bowl.
Add flour and nuts (if using) and mix on low speed. Do not overmix.
Pour batter into loaf pan and bake on center rack for 55-60 minutes or until clean with a toothpick inserted in center.
Let the bread cool for at least 20 minutes. Bread should be brought to room temperature before slicing.
Serving: 1slice, calorie: 146.5kcal, carbohydrate: 33.3g, protein: 2.7g, thick: 2.7g, saturated fat: 1.5g, cholesterol: twenty threemg, sodium: 131.5mg, fiber: 1.6g, sugar: 20g
WW Points Plus: 3
keyword: banana pumpkin bread, healthy pumpkin banana bread, homemade pumpkin bread, moist pumpkin bread, pumpkin banana bread