This easy Oyster Rockefeller recipe is an all-time favorite. Topped with creamy spinach and crumbs that heat to golden brown under the broiler.
I have never met an oyster I didn’t love! Even if you don’t like raw oysters, you’ll love the delicious freshly grilled Rockefeller oysters.They make delicious appetizers or larger servings if you want more salad for a light dinner. For more of my favorite appetizers, try his Tuna Tartare, Stuffed Mushrooms with Broccoli Rabe and Sausage, Hot Spinach Dip, and Spicy Crunchy.
I love the bays of Long Island, so it’s easy to find fresh oysters everywhere. What did you use for the oysters? Cherry Stone Aqua Farms.
Why do they call them oyster Rockefellers?
Oyster Rockefeller is named after billionaire John D. Rockefeller because it is covered in a rich green sauce, the color of money.
What are the ingredients in Rockefeller oysters?
- oyster: You need two dozen live oysters in the shell.
- shallot: Finely chop 2 shallots.
- spinach: I used fresh spinach, but you can use regular spinach.
- Cream cheese: Buy 1/3 lean cream cheese. The Philadelphia brand is my favourite.
- Half and half cream: I like half and half because it’s lighter than fresh cream.
- cheese: If you don’t have grated pecorino romano, Parmesan cheese works too.
- Panko It will be crispier than regular bread crumbs. To keep this oyster recipe gluten-free, use gluten-free bread crumbs.
how do you eat oysters
The hardest part is shelling the oysters, but most seafood restaurants can do it. If not, but if you need to see how to do it, videos are available anywhere on the internet. Here’s how I shuck them:
- Rinse and clean the oysters.
- With a gloved hand over a dish towel, carefully open the oyster. Use an oyster knife to cut the bottom of the oyster and remove it from the shell.
- Toss the top shell and place the opened oysters on a sheet pan and refrigerate until needed.
Are Oyster Rockefellers Cooked?
Yes, oyster Rockefellers are cooked under the broiler.
How to make oyster rockefeller
- Cook vegetables: Fry the shallots in a large skillet over medium heat until softened. Add the spinach, season with a pinch of salt and pepper, and stir for a few minutes until the spinach is tender.
- Add dairy. Add the half and half, cream cheese, and pecorino to a frying pan and mix until the cream cheese melts, then cream the spinach. Refrigerate until completely cooled.
- Roast: Preheat oven and bake on rack 6 inches from heating element. Top each oyster with 1 tablespoon of spinach and top with 1/2 teaspoon of bread crumbs. Bake for 5-7 minutes until golden brown.
MORE SEAFOOD RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE:
Your comments are helpful!if you tried this health oyster rockefeller Recipes and other stuff from Skinnytaste, don’t forget rate recipes When leave a comment under.And if you take a picture of it please share it with me Instagram Be able to re-share in stories!
This easy Oyster Rockefeller recipe is an all-time favorite. Topped with creamy spinach and bread crumbs that crisp under the broiler.
- twenty four Moderate oyster, live in a shell
- 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 shallot, finely chopped
- 9 ounce fresh spinach
- 2 ounce 1/3 lean cream cheese, i love philadelphia
- 3 tablespoon half & half cream
- 3 tablespoon grated pecorino romano
- 1/4 cup plain or gluten-free bread crumbs
If you’re shelling yourself, rinse and clean the oysters.
Carefully open the oyster with a gloved hand over a dishcloth and use an oyster knife to cut the bottom of the oyster to separate it from the shell.
Toss the top shell and place the opened oysters in one or two sheet pans depending on size and refrigerate until needed.
In a large skillet over medium heat, add 1/2 tablespoon olive oil and shallots and sauté until softened, 3 to 4 minutes.
Add the spinach, season with a pinch of salt and pepper, and mix until the spinach is tender, about 2 minutes.
Add cream cheese, half & half, and pecorino cheese. Mix well until the cream cheese is melted and the spinach is creamy. Refrigerate until completely cool or freeze for 10 minutes.
When you’re ready to make:
Reheat the oven and bake on a rack 6 inches from the heating element.
Place 1 tablespoon of spinach mixture over each oyster. Top each with 1/2 teaspoon bread crumbs.
Bake 5 to 7 minutes or until golden brown. Serve immediately.
Serving: 2oyster, calorie: 116kcal, carbohydrate: 7.5g, protein: 11g, thick: 4.5g, saturated fat: 1.5g, cholesterol: 55.5mg, sodium: 167.5mg, fiber: 0.5g, sugar: 1g
keyword: Appetizer, grilled oysters, oyster rockefeller