Low-sugar slow-cooker pulled pork is fragrant and delicious with homemade low-sugar barbecue sauce! There’s also a link to Instant Pot Pulled Pork if you prefer that method.
low carb slow cooker pulled pork is a low-carb take on classic American cuisine, and slow-cooker pulled pork is the perfect appetizer whenever life is hectic and you want a quick meal. , we think this would be perfect for a quick dinner, so let us remind you with our favorite picks this Friday!
One of the reasons I decided to work on creating a low-carb pulled pork recipe was that I found most barbecue sauce recipes to be too sweet. So if you try this recipe, make sure you have a sauce that’s loaded with mustard flavor, smoke, and spice. just a touch of sweetness.
I didn’t want an overly greasy result. did.
And this was so delicious for a great low-carb version of slow cooker pulled pork! Family members who don’t care about carbs will never know that pulled pork can be eaten on a bun and is low in carbs.
What are the required ingredients?
(This is just a list of ingredients for the recipe. Scroll down for the full printable recipe, or use the JUMP TO RECIPE link at the top of the page to go directly to the full recipe. increase.)
How can I make pulled pork low carb in my slow cooker?
Want low-carb pulled pork made in your Instant Pot?
We think pulled pork is a great recipe for the slow cooker, but to see how to make this in your Instant Pot, check out Low Carb Instant Pot Pulled Pork.
How to make Low Carb Slow Cooker Pulled Pork:
(This is just a summary of the recipe steps. Scroll down to see the full printable recipe, or use the JUMP TO RECIPE link at the top of the page to jump to the full recipe. move directly.)
- I removed all the outer fat from the pork loin loin and cut it in half against the grain. This roast was about 2.5 pounds after trimming, but next time I’d like to get something a little larger.
- i use either heinz low carb ketchup (affiliate link) or G. Hughes Sugar Free Ketchup (affiliate link) My low carb BBQ sauce. If you don’t want ketchup with artificial sweeteners, look for natural ketchup with no added sugar.
- Mix barbecue sauce in a measuring cup or bowl. I tasted it a few times and added a bit more of this or that until it tasted better.
- Spray a clay pot with olive oil, put the pork loin in half, cover with the sauce, and simmer over low heat all day.I 2.5 quart slow cooker (affiliate link) So if you only have a large crockpot, double the amount of everything and make this a recipe for Weekend Food Prep!
- When the meat can be easily pulled apart, remove it from the pan with a slotted spoon and shred it with two forks. (I had a few before I took this picture, so a 2 pound roast is a little more than this!) The pork should be cooked on low for about 7-8 hours, depending on how hot your cooking pan is. I have.
- I thought the sauce was a little thin, so I took it out of the clay pot and simmered it on the stove until it was reduced by about 1/3. The flavor is now even more condensed. (This step is completely optional.)
- You can return the minced meat with the sauce to the crockpot to keep warm or serve immediately.
Eat a low-carb diet:
Low-carb slow-cooker pulled pork is of course great for sandwiches, but for low-carb meals, try spicy lime coleslaw, easy cauliflower rice with garlic and scallions, kale and red cabbage coleslaw, cucumber Caesar, or twice baked. Try… cauliflower.
Other Slow Cooker Pork Recipes:
Weekend Meal Prep:
This recipe has been added to the category called Weekend Meal Preps. Here you can find recipes that you can prepare or cook on weekends and eat on weekdays!
3 lbs. Roasted boneless pork loin (see remarks)
Olive oil to spray the crockpot (or use nonstick spray)
1/2 cup unsweetened ketchup
Tomato paste 2T
6 T Golden Monk Fruit Sweetener, or to taste
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup mustard (regular yellow mustard, not Dijon)
2 tsp green tabasco sauce (or 1 tsp red tabasco)
Worcestershire sauce 1 1/2 T
1/2 teaspoon Liquid Smoke (or more, optional but recommended)
- Spray the slow cooker with olive oil or nonstick spray.
- Remove most of the visible fat from the pork loin roast, then cut in half against the grain and place in the slow cooker.
- Unsweetened ketchup, tomato sauce, golden monkfruit sweetener (or sweetener of your choice), apple cider vinegar, mustard, green tabasco, Worcestershire sauce, and liquid smoke in a measuring cup or bowl, whisked and roasted Pour into
- Reduce heat to low in slow cooker and cook for 7 to 8 hours or until meat breaks apart easily.
- Remove meat from slow cooker using slotted spoon and place on cutting board.
- Check the sauce in the slow cooker, if you want it to be a little thicker, pour the sauce into a small saucepan and simmer over medium-low heat until reduced by 1/3, probably no more than 10-15 minutes.
- While the sauce is thickening, use 2 forks to shred the meat and return to the slow cooker to keep warm if needed.
- When the sauce is thick enough to your liking, pour it over the meat.
- This can be kept warm in the slow cooker for 1-2 hours or served immediately.
- Low-carb slow-cooker pulled pork can be stored in the refrigerator for several days and reheats quickly in a pan on the microwave or stovetop.
Nutrition Facts Table:
Amount Per Serving:
calorie: 363Total Fat: 17gsaturated fat: 5gTrans fat: 0gUnsaturated fat: 9gcholesterol: 136mgsodium: 369mgcarbohydrate: 4gfiber: 1gsugar: 2gprotein: 46g
The Recipe Plug-In I use automatically calculates nutritional information. I am not a nutritionist and cannot guarantee 100% accuracy as many variables affect the calculations.
Low Carb / Low Glycemic / South Beach Diet Suggestions:
This slow cooker pulled pork recipe is perfect for low carb and keto diet plans. Follow the suggestion to use a sweetener to sweeten the sauce. If you’re actively trying to lose weight, probably limit this to phase 2 or 3 in South Beach and use portion control.
Find more recipes like this:
Find more recipes like this with our slow cooker recipes. Use the diet type index to find recipes that fit your specific eating plan.I also recommend following Karin’s Kitchen on Pinterest, on facebook, on Instagram, on TikTokAlso on youtube To see all the good recipes I’m sharing there.
Historical notes for this recipe:
This low carb slow cooker pulled pork was first posted in 2009. Since then, the recipe has been updated several times and adapted to use Monkfruit Sweetener. Details were last updated and featured in Friday Favorites 2022.
The Amazon Services LLC Associate Program is an affiliate promotion program designed to provide a means to earn commissions by linking to Amazon.co.jp and affiliate sites. As an Amazon Associate, I earn income from qualifying purchases.