This spicy Italian-American shrimp dish is perfect with linguine for seafood lovers!
Linguini and Shrimp Fra Diavolo
Shrimp Fra Diavolo is a classic Italian-American seafood dish for spice lovers. This recipe pairs juicy shrimp with a bold, spicy tomato sauce and serves it on a bed of linguine. A quicker and easier shrimp recipe is Shrimp and Grits, Air Fryer Shrimp and Shrimp and Asparagus Pasta.
What is Shrimp Fra Diavolo
Shrimp Fra Diavolo is an Italian-American spicy seafood dish. The name ‘fra diavolo’ means ‘brother of the devil’ in Italian, suggesting the intense spiciness of this dish. Shrimp are usually sautéed in a spicy tomato fula diavolo sauce and served over pasta. You can adjust the heat to your liking.
how to make
To make my Shrimp Fra Diavolo, you’ll need a large skillet and a few key ingredients: fresh shrimp, canned mashed tomatoes, fresh garlic, crushed red pepper flakes, capers, basil or parsley. is. This dish is typically served with spaghetti, but I like to use linguine or fettuccine, and use any other type of pasta you prefer.
- spices: One of the great things about this dish is that you can easily customize it to your liking. If you like your food more spicy, you can add red pepper flakes to the tomato mixture.If you prefer a milder flavor, you can reduce the amount of spice or omit it entirely.
- shrimp: You can also try different types of seafood such as scallops, lobster, mussels and clams.
- Herbs: I use fresh basil because my husband loves it, but you can substitute fresh parsley or fresh oregano.
- pasta: I used linguine, but you can use spaghetti, bow tie, or any shape of pasta you like.You can use wheat or gluten free.
- Low carb options: If you want to enjoy this as a low-carb meal, serve it with a bowl of spaghetti squash or roasted vegetables.
Other Shrimp Recipes
yield: 6 serving
Serving size: 2 cup
Boil salted water in a large pot.
While the water is boiling, heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat.
Stir in garlic and cook until golden brown, about 1 minute.
Add shrimp and cook for 2-3 minutes until browned. Sprinkle with salt to taste.
Transfer the shrimp to a plate, leaving the garlic in the skillet.
Pour in the remaining teaspoon of olive oil and add the celery and onion. Cook for 2 minutes, add crushed tomatoes, season with salt and crushed red pepper, and bring to a simmer.
Reduce heat and simmer for 8-10 minutes.
Meanwhile, add the pasta to the water and cook al dente according to the instructions on the package.
When the sauce is ready, add the shrimp and cook an additional minute or two. Remove from heat and add capers.
Serve in a large bowl over pasta topped with fresh basil and fresh black pepper. Parmesan cheese on the side, if desired.
please leave a rating and comment Let us know how you liked this recipe! This allows our business to thrive and allow us to continue providing high quality recipes for free.
Serving: 2 cup, calorie: 385 kcal, carbohydrates: 56 g, protein: 29.5 g, obesity: Five g, saturated fat: 1 g, cholesterol: 182 mg, sodium: 570 mg, fiber: Ten g, sugar: 9.5 g