this Lemon raspberry chia seed pudding It’s the best chia pudding you’ve ever made – it’s true!
Ingredients needed for Lemon Raspberry Chia Pudding
- chia seeds – There are two types of chia seeds: black and white. There is basically no difference in nutrition and taste. Either kind is perfect for this recipe.
- greek yogurt – Plain Greek yogurt.
- coconut milk – You can use light if you want the kind from the can and want a lower fat pudding, but it still works well.
- lemon – Fresh lemons.
- raspberry – You can use fresh or frozen for this recipe.
- Honey – Goes well with lemon and raspberry, adding a touch of sweetness.
how to make chia pudding
Making this pudding is so easy!
- Place all ingredients in a large storage container with a lid. Make sure all the chia seeds are mixed in and lightly crush the berries, especially if using frozen raspberries.
- Cover the container and chill in the refrigerator overnight or at least 8 hours. You can also divide into individual dishes and refrigerate.
- Garnish with additional raspberries, lemon zest and a drizzle of honey on top.
Is chia seed pudding healthy?
Chia seeds are a great source of antioxidants, fiber, and high-quality protein. Combined with Greek yogurt and fruit, chia pudding is a delicious and incredibly healthy snack or dessert. Creamy, satisfying and nourishing. For more information on the health benefits of chia seeds, check out this post.
Should I soak chia seeds before eating?
You don’t have to soak chia seeds before eating them, but soaked chia seeds and raw chia seeds offer slightly different health benefits.
The biggest difference between soaked and dried seeds is that soaked chia seeds can help you stay hydrated, as they hold 12 times their body weight in water. This will release hydration slowly and keep you feeling fuller longer.
Raw chia seeds have a strong absorption capacity and can actually absorb water from the body during the digestive process. If you want to eat raw chia seeds, you should plan to drink extra water. The chia seeds of acid reflux Relieves some of the symptoms.
Learn More About Our Favorite Chia Seed Recipes
- 1 cup greek yogurt, plain
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon lemon peel
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice Freshly squeezed
- 1 cup raspberry
- 1 1/2 tablespoon honey
Place all ingredients in a large storage container with a lid. Make sure all the chia seeds are mixed in and lightly crush the berries, especially if using frozen raspberries.
Cover the container and chill in the refrigerator overnight or at least 8 hours.
Garnish with additional raspberries and a drizzle of honey if desired.
* Lemon peel and lemon juice are equivalent to one medium lemon.
*You can use fresh or frozen raspberries.
calorie: 165kcal | | carbohydrate: 13g | | protein: 6g | | thick: 11g | | saturated fat: 8g | | Polyunsaturated fat: 2g | | Monounsaturated fat: 1g | | Trans fat: 0.01g | | cholesterol: 2mg | | sodium: twenty twomg | | potassium: 151mg | | fiber: Fourg | | sugar: 7g | | Vitamin A: 33IU | | Vitamin C: 9mg | | calcium: 102mg | | iron: 2mg
I am a registered dietitian, mother of four, a food lover and a strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you’ll find delicious, fruit- and veg-rich recipes, tips to help your kids eat better and more intuitively, and tons of resources to feed your family.
Learn more about Natalie