This great recipe for Instant Pot Green Beans with Bacon and Gorgonzola requires just 1 minute of pressure on the green beans. I loved the combination of bacon with gorgonzola and green beans. See our post for tips on cooking this without an Instant Pot if you want!
Pin on the green beans with bacon and gorgonzola to try later.
If you look at the green bean recipes on my website, it’s clear that there are already many delicious ideas for green beans as a side dish. I had a lot of beans to use for this experiment. Kidney Beans Instant Pot with Bacon and Gorgonzola First time cooking green beans in the Instant Pot!
I had one completely unsuccessful experiment where the beans were too soft to make a challah, but I found that the green beans only took a minute to cook under pressure until they were perfectly soft and crisp. I just noticed (which is how Kara and I prefer).If you like your beans a little softer, set the Instant Pot for 2 minutes instead.But try this recipe to see how easy Instant Pot green beans are! I want you to discover what!
And this recipe is specifically for the technique of cooking bacon in the Instant Pot, leaving some of the bacon fat to cook the onion first and then flavor the green beans. . The second time I tested this, I ended up with some leftovers and devoured them for breakfast the next day!
What are the required ingredients?
(This is just a list of ingredients. Scroll down to see the full printable recipe. Or use the JUMP TO RECIPE link at the top of the page to go directly to the full recipe.) increase.)
- thick cut bacon
- green beans
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- collapsed Gorgonzola cheese
Can I use frozen green beans in this recipe?
I know someone will ask, but I haven’t tried it, but I don’t use frozen green beans in this recipe. I didn’t use thin French style green beans. With it, you can reduce the cooking time to zero minutes if the beans are only cooked when the Instant Pot is under pressure.
How can I make this recipe without an Instant Pot?
If you don’t have an Instant Pot, you can make this recipe in a large pot on your stovetop:
- The bacon must first be cooked and removed. You are left with 2 tablespoons of bacon grease.
- Next, cook the finely chopped onion in the bacon grease. Use medium-high heat.
- Microwave the green beans for 1 to 2 minutes while the onions are cooking.
- Add the green beans (maybe 1-2 tablespoons of bacon grease, depending on the pan.
- Cook beans in bacon grease about 2 to 3 minutes or until soft and crisp or to your liking.
- (For an example of green beans cooked using a combination of microwave and stir-fry, see the Green Beans with Lemon, Parmesan, and Pine Nuts recipe.)
- Once the beans are toasted, place them on a plate and top with the crunchy bacon and crumbled Gorgonzola.
If you don’t like gorgonzola, what other cheese should you use?
I personally love Gorgonzola, but not everyone does. If you’re not a fan of this tangy blue cheese, I think you’ll love either feta, cotija, or parmesan cheese for this recipe.
Want more ideas for vegetables to cook in your instant pits?
What size Instant Pot did you use?
I 6 quart instant pot (affiliate link) All Instant Pot Recipes.Check out our ever-growing collection of Instant Pot recipes! Slow Cooker/Instant Pot Recipes on my other site.
How to make Instant Pot Green Beans with Bacon and Gorgonzola:
(This is just a summary of the recipe steps. Scroll down for the full printable recipe, or use the JUMP TO RECIPE link at the top of the page to go directly to the full recipe. increase.)
- Cut the bacon slices into strips.
- Turn the Instant Pot to sauté, high heat, and cook the bacon until crisp.
- While the bacon is cooking, chop the onions, cut off the green beans, and cut the green beans into strips.
- Once the bacon is cooked, remove it to a paper towel.
- Leave only 2 tablespoons of bacon fat in the Instant Pot.
- Sauté the Instant Pot, turn the heat up to high, and cook until the onions are browned.
- Add green beans to Instant Pot with 3/4 cup chicken broth.
- Lock the lid, ensure the valve is closed, and set the Instant Pot to Manual, High, 1 minute.
- Crush the Gorgonzola cheese while the beans are cooking.
- When time is up, quick release pressure.
- Remove the lid and season the beans with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Remove beans and arrange on serving platter.
- Sprinkle the beans with bacon and gorgonzola cheese.
- while it’s hot.
Other great ideas for green beans:
6 thick cut bacon
1 finely chopped small onion
2 pounds of fresh kidney beans (see note)
3/4 cup chicken broth
Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/3 cup crushed Gorgonzola cheese
- Thinly slice the thick-sliced bacon diagonally. (I like to pry them apart a bit with my fingers, but it’s not really necessary.
- Turn Instant Pot to sauté, high heat, and cook bacon until crisp. (This may take 5-10 minutes, don’t rush.
- Chop the onion while the bacon is cooking.
- Peel the kidney beans and cut into 2cm lengths
- When the bacon is crisp and golden brown, turn off the Instant Pot and transfer the bacon to a paper towel to drain.
- Remove all but 2 tablespoons of bacon fat from the Instant Pot
- Sauté the Instant Pot over high heat and sauté the onions until golden brown.
- Add green beans to Instant Pot with 3/4 cup chicken broth
- Lock the lid, ensure the valve is closed, and set the Instant Pot to Manual, High, 1 minute
- If desired, crumble the Gorgonzola cheese while the beans are cooking
- When the time is up, release the pressure quickly, being careful not to burn yourself from the hot steam.
- Remove lid and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Remove the beans with a slotted spoon and arrange on a platter
- Sprinkle the beans with bacon and gorgonzola cheese
- hot serve
- Each time I tested this, I devoured leftovers, so I can say that the beans are best freshly made, but reheating worked pretty well.
Thin “French-style” green beans are not recommended for this recipe. If it’s just that, set the Instant Pot’s cooking time to zero.
Created by Kalyn and Kara, this recipe was inspired by several other Instant Pot green beans recipes we found online.
Nutrition Facts Table:
Amount Per Serving:
calorie: 136Total Fat: 6.8gsaturated fat: 2.9gUnsaturated fat: 3.5gcholesterol: 18mgsodium: 509mgcarbohydrates: 12gfiber: 4.3gsugar: 5.6gprotein: 8.8g
Low Carb / Low Glycemic / South Beach Diet Suggestions:
This is a good side dish for low-carb or low-glycemic diets, and some eat it for keto. Bacon is not recommended for the original South Beach Diet. With a high-fat cheese, this becomes South Beach’s personal choice.
Find more recipes like this:
Find more recipes like this with Green Bean Recipes or Instant Pot Recipes. Use our diet type index to find more recipes for your specific meal plan.I also recommend following Karin’s Kitchen on Pinterest, on facebook, on Instagram, on TikTokAlso on youtube To see all the good recipes I’m sharing there.
The Amazon Services LLC Associate Program is an affiliate promotion program designed to provide a means for us to earn commissions by linking to Amazon.com and affiliate sites. As an Amazon Associate, I earn income from qualifying purchases.