Ham and cauliflower casserole au gratin is definitely a low-carb comfort food. This is his one of my personal favorite casseroles.
Pingham and cauliflower casserole au gratin later!
i created this Ham and cauliflower casserole au gratin On a January day a few years ago, I was craving low-carb comfort food. I had ham and cauliflower in my fridge, but the idea for Twice Baked Cauliflower gave me the idea for this casserole full of cauliflower that combines ham, cream cheese, Greek yogurt, parmesan, green onions and cheese. I want to eat it as a delicious low-sugar dinner on a cold winter night!
Of course I had to include this when I updated my collection of low carb and keto casseroles. One of the biggest reasons is how they guarantee leftovers.
And most low-carb casseroles, including this one, also freeze well. I love having dinner out of the freezer when I don’t feel like cooking. (You can use the Freezable category to find more dishes that freeze well.)
This low-carb casserole with ham and cauliflower is a blog favorite. If you haven’t made it yet, please do so!
What are the ingredients needed for this recipe?
(This is just a list of ingredients for the recipe. Scroll down for the full printable recipe, or use the JUMP TO RECIPE link at the top of the page to go directly to the full recipe. increase.)
- raw cauliflower
- salt (water for boiling cauliflower)
- diced ham
- Cream cheese
- greek yogurt
- finely grated parmesan cheese
- green onion
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- grated cheddar cheese
What kind of ham should I use for this casserole?
If you want this recipe to be keto, be sure to choose ham without added sugar.
Can this recipe be made with frozen cauliflower?
To be honest, I’m not much of a fan of frozen veggies and prefer freshly cooked cauliflower for this. Whichever you use, drain the cauliflower well before assembling the casserole.
What if you’re not a fan of Greek yogurt?
If you don’t like the spicy taste of Greek yogurt, try using sour cream.
Want more low-carb casseroles with cauliflower?
Check out our low-carb and keto cauliflower casseroles for more delicious dinner ideas with cauliflower.
How to make a ham and cauliflower casserole au gratin:
(This is just a summary of the recipe steps. Scroll down for the full printable recipe, or use the JUMP TO RECIPE link at the top of the page to go directly to the full recipe. increase.)
- You will need at least 6 cups of diced cauliflower.
- Cook cauliflower in boiling salted water until soft. Do not overheat.
- Drain the cauliflower well (at least 5 minutes).
- While the cauliflower is cooking, cut 2 cups of ham.
- Microwave the cream cheese for 1 minute to soften, then stir in the Greek yogurt (or sour cream), Parmesan cheese, and sliced green onions.
- Lightly mash cauliflower (in cooked skillet), stir sauce mixture to mix thoroughly with cauliflower, and gently stir in ham.
- Season with freshly ground black pepper.
- Spray a baking dish with nonstick spray or olive oil, pour the casserole mixture into the dish, and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until cheese is completely melted and beginning to brown and mixture is hot throughout and beginning to bubble slightly.
- Let stand for about 10 minutes for liquids in dish to absorb, then serve hot. This is stored in the refrigerator for several days and reheats well.
Eat a low-carb diet:
Ham and cauliflower casserole au gratin is perfect for a low carb meal with Peperoncini Chopped Salad, American Greek Salad or Lemon Parmesan Kale Salad, Spring Mixed Salad or Karin’s Low Carb Cole Slaw.
A delicious low-carb dinner with cauliflower:
Weekend Meal Prep:
This recipe has been added to a new category called Weekend Meal Prep to help you find recipes that you can prepare or cook on the weekend and eat on the weekday!
6 cups fresh cauliflower flowers, cut into very small pieces
1/2 teaspoon salt (water for boiling cauliflower)
2 cups diced ham
4 oz.softened cream cheese
3/4 cup Greek yogurt (see note)
2 tbsp finely grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
freshly ground black pepper to taste
3/4 cup grated cheddar cheese (see note)
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C.
- Fill a medium-sized saucepan halfway with water and add 1/2 tsp. salt, start boiling.
- Separate the cauliflower into florets, removing the leaves and core.
- Place the cauliflower pieces into the water and cook over low heat until the cauliflower is just starting to brown. Check often and do not overheat. Cauliflower will soften even more in the oven.
- While the cauliflower is cooking, cut the ham into very small cubes and slice the scallions.
- Place cream cheese in a glass dish or measuring cup and microwave for a few minutes to soften. (If you don’t have a microwave, you can also soften it in the preheated oven.
- When the cauliflower is cooked enough to start to soften, pour it into a colander placed in the sink and let it drain well (at least 5 minutes, don’t rush this step).
- Return the drained cauliflower to the pot where it was cooked and mash with a potato masher until most lumps are gone.
- Stir in sauce mixture and mix well with cauliflower. Then gently mix in the diced ham.
- Season with freshly ground black pepper. (I don’t use salt because the prosciutto and Parmesan cheese are salty.)
- Spray a glass or dish casserole dish with nonstick spray or olive oil. (I used a glass casserole dish that is about 8 inches by 10 inches.) Pour cauliflower mixture into dish, spread evenly, and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until cheese is melted and lightly browned and all mixture is hot throughout and beginning to bubble. Let stand for 10 minutes for liquid to be absorbed, then serve hot.
- I think this will freeze well, but I haven’t frozen it yet because I don’t have any leftovers.
If you’re not a fan of Greek yogurt, you can also use sour cream. Yogurt is slightly lower in carbohydrates. As much cheese as you like!
This recipe, inspired by Kalyn, double baked cauliflower.
Nutrition Facts Table:
Amount Per Serving:
calorie: 238Total Fat: 14gsaturated fat: 7gUnsaturated fat: 5gcholesterol: 65mgsodium: 855mgcarbohydrates: 7.7gfiber: 2gsugar: 4gprotein: 20g
The Recipe Plug-In I use automatically calculates nutritional information. I am not a nutritionist and cannot guarantee 100% accuracy as many variables affect the calculations.
Low Carb / Low Glycemic / South Beach Diet Suggestions:
Ham and cauliflower casserole gratin is suitable for low carb or keto diets. If you want it to be good for the South Beach Diet, we recommend lean ham, low-fat cream cheese, fat-free Greek yogurt, and low-fat cheese.
Find more recipes like this:
Find more recipes like this with our casserole recipes. Use our diet type index to find more recipes for your specific meal plan.I also recommend following Karin’s Kitchen on Pinterest, on facebook, on Instagram, on TikTokAlso on youtube To see all the good recipes I’m sharing there.
Historical notes for this recipe:
This delicious ham and cauliflower casserole was first posted in 2012. In 2017 it was updated with better pictures and last updated in 2023 with more information.
The Amazon Services LLC Associate Program is an affiliate promotion program designed to provide a means to earn commissions by linking to Amazon.co.jp and affiliate sites. As an Amazon Associate, I earn income from qualifying purchases.