This Greek Lemon Chicken can be marinated all day at work. Then just roast the chicken for an easy low-carb dinner.This is absolutely delicious. Your home will smell great while the chicken is cooking!
Today I will introduce you to this deliciousness. greek lemon chicken Perfect for a special weeknight dinner. This easy recipe will be a hit with anyone who loves chicken with lemon and Greek seasonings. Roasting at home I don’t know how many people still eat his chicken, but this chicken is not only very tasty, but the wonderful aroma that fills the house while the chicken is roasted is a little effort. Worth doing.
Greek Lemon Chicken is a quick dinner that can be made in about an hour by simply marinating it in a ziplock bag with lemon juice, olive oil, and Greek spices all day long and popping it in the oven in the evening. For those interested in this, this is surprisingly low carb.
What are the ingredients needed for this recipe?
(This is just a list of ingredients. Scroll down to see the full printable recipe. Or use the JUMP TO RECIPE link at the top of the page to go directly to the full recipe.) increase.)
- Olive oil, preferably good quality Greek olive oil
- grated lemon zest (optional but recommended)
- Fresh lemon juice, I used fresh frozen lemon juice for part of the juice
- greek seasoning (affiliate link)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
What gives this chicken its Greek flavor?
This roasted chicken uses a combination of olive oil, lemon zest and juice, and Greek oregano, a staple of Greek cuisine.
What if you don’t have Greek seasoning?
Greek seasonings are blends of herbs and spices available in most stores. However, if you don’t want to buy it, it usually contains salt, garlic powder, oregano (preferably Greek oregano), marjoram, and dried lemon zest. Some brands also include onions, parsley and black pepper. The most important ingredient is oregano. If you have it, just add a pinch of the other ingredients you have.
How to make Greek Lemon Chicken:
(This is just a summary of the recipe steps. Scroll down for the full printable recipe, or use the JUMP TO RECIPE link at the top of the page to go directly to the full recipe. increase.)
- fresh lemon juice, lemon zest, greek seasoning (affiliate link), make a marinade with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Tying the chicken is optional, but I like to do it and keep it together.
- Place the chicken in a plastic bag with the marinade and marinate in the refrigerator overnight.
- It’s equipped with a roasting pan that has a rack inside the oven pan to circulate hot air underneath the chicken, but you can also roast with just the top plate.
- Start chicken breast side down and cook at 450F/220C for 25 minutes.
- Then flip the chicken over, reduce heat to 350F/180C, and cook for an additional 35-45 minutes. instant read meat thermometer (affiliate link) Cook chicken until it reaches 170F.
- Bake for a few minutes if you want the surface to brown, but even if you skip that, this chicken is pretty photogenic.
Stick to low-carb Greek food
Greek Lemon Chicken served with Spicy Chopped Greek Salad with Peperoncini, Greek Cauliflower Rice Bake, Easy Grilled Greek Zucchini, Greek Zucchini Noodles, or Greek Cabbage Salad for a great Greek flavored meal will be
Other Low Carb Chicken Dinners:
Weekend Meal Prep:
Roasted chicken is great for leftovers, so this recipe has been added to the “weekend meal prep” category. Here you can find recipes that you can prepare or cook on weekends and eat on weekdays!
Whole chicken, about 5 pounds (I used Costco whole chicken for this photo)
1/3 cup good quality olive oil
1 teaspoon grated lemon zest (optional but recommended)
1/4 cup lemon juice (see note)
1 T Greek seasoning, see note below
Season with salt and freshly ground pepper
- I usually string my chicken, but you don’t have to.
- Peel the lemon and squeeze the juice.if you don’t have lemon zester (affiliate link), of any kind microplane grater (affiliate link) Or a fine cheese grater will work.
- Mix marinade ingredients in a measuring cup.
- Place the chicken in a large ziplock bag, pour in the marinade, close the ziplock bag, and mix well until the chicken is well coated.
- After you’re done, preheat the oven to 450F/220C, drain the marinade, and place the chicken breast-side down in a glass or heavy metal roasting pan. (I like to use a pan with a rack so the hot air can circulate under the chicken, but any roasting pan or baking dish will do.)
- Roast for about 25 minutes, then, breast side up, in the pan juices.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees and roast for an additional 35 to 45 minutes or until browned on top. instant read meat thermometer (Affiliate link) It shows about 170. A 5-pound chicken takes about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Let it rest for 10 minutes before carving.
This recipe can use fresh frozen lemon juice.
there are many good brands greek seasoning (affiliate link). If you don’t have Greek seasoning, use 1 teaspoon each of oregano, garlic powder, and marjoram. Or any other spice you like on chicken.
Nutritional information for calories, fat, and protein is much lower than indicated in this recipe. Of course, you’re not eating all the oil in your marinade, and some of the 5-pound chicken is bones!
This recipe was created by Kalyn.
Nutrition Facts Table:
Amount Per Serving:
calorie: 1013Total Fat: 63gsaturated fat: 16gUnsaturated fat: 41gcholesterol: 333mgsodium: 1169mgcarbohydrates: 1gfiber: ogsugar: 0gprotein: 103g
The Recipe Plug-In I use automatically calculates nutritional information. I am not a nutritionist and cannot guarantee 100% accuracy as many variables affect the calculations.
Low Carb / Low Glycemic / South Beach Diet Suggestions:
Greek Lemon Chicken is the perfect dish for the South Beach Diet, low-carb diets, and even keto diets. Those on the South Beach diet following the letter of the law should let other family members have legs and thighs and eat breast meat that is low in saturated fat.
Find more recipes like this:
Find more recipes like this with oven dinners. To find more recipes suitable for your specific meal plan, use the Recipes Index page by Diet Type.I also recommend following Karin’s Kitchen on Pinterest, on facebook, on Instagram, on TikTokAlso on youtube To see all the good recipes I’m sharing there.
Historical notes for this recipe:
This recipe for Greek Lemon Chicken was first posted in 2006, probably without a single photo. I’ve made it over and over again since then, and the recipe was last updated in 2023 with more information.
The Amazon Services LLC Associate Program is an affiliate promotion program designed to provide a means for us to earn commissions by linking to Amazon.com and affiliate sites. As an Amazon Associate, I earn income from qualifying purchases.