We’ve made it to Friday, so it’s a fitting way to end the week with a fresh, delicious, and beautiful cocktail. Don’t you think so? Over the past year or so, Rebecca and I have had a lot of fun trying out new cocktail recipes, and my favorite is by far the Margarita.
So say hello to this love and take it easy grapefruit margarita A recipe that can be made with only 5 simple ingredients. Skip the concentrated grapefruit juice and use freshly squeezed grapefruit juice (it tastes great this time of year).
In case you missed it, I share here a simple tutorial for making dried citrus.
We hope you love this wonderful Grapefruit Margarita. Invite your friends and have a nice weekend!
What You Need to Make the Best Grapefruit Margarita
Ingredients like orange liqueur, Cointreau, or Grand Marnier are often found in classic margarita recipes, but this beautiful Grapefruit Margarita is made with just five simple ingredients and is a fun, refreshing cocktail that everyone will love. ! Here’s what you need to create:
- tequila: I prefer to use silver tequila or tequila blanco in my margarita recipe.
- Simple syrup: We sweeten this margarita with a little simple syrup, but agave nectar should work well too.
- Triple sec: Triple sec or a little more simple syrup can be added for extra sweetness.
- Fresh juice: Fresh lime juice and, of course, fresh grapefruit juice are squeezed for a delicious fruity taste. You don’t need pink grapefruit juice concentrate.
- To provide: These are optional, but I love adding tagines to limes and garnishing each glass with dried grapefruit slices or fresh grapefruit wedges!
How to make homemade simple syrup
Easy Shortcut for Simple Syrup: Shake Equals Granulated sugar and water (2 tablespoons is enough for 2 grapefruit margaritas) small bottle 1-2 minutes until the sugar dissolves. If you replace triple sec with a simpler syrup, he doubles the granulated sugar and water.
Serve up a grapefruit margarita
If you like frothy drinks, this easy Grapefruit Margarita is delicious with a dash of club soda!
our favorite decoration
You can use sea salt, but I love adding tagine to the rim of my margarita. A tagine is a Mexican spice blend, usually made up of dried ground chilies, sea salt, and dried lime juice. Tangy and slightly spicy, it pairs perfectly with a fresh grapefruit margarita.
To rim the glass, cut a lime into wedges and rub the cut lime along the rim of the glass. Pour the tagine (or sea salt) into a small plate and dip the rim of the wet glass into the tagine to coat it. Then make a cocktail and pour it right away! Don’t forget to top with dried grapefruit slices. Here’s how to make dried citrus!
Delicious Grapefruit Margarita in 3 steps
- Salt the edges. Add salt or tagine to the rim according to the instructions above before making the cocktail.
- shake it. Add all ingredients (except garnish) to a cocktail shaker or mason jar filled with 1/2 cup ice cubes. shake it all up.
- Serve & Enjoy! Fill a glass with ice, pour in the margarita mixture, top with dried grapefruit rounds and enjoy.
Can you make larger batches?
absolutely! This recipe makes 2 margaritas, so triple or quadruple this recipe to serve more guests.
Our Favorite Cocktail Making Tool
- shake it cocktail shaker
- simple strainer If the shaker has no shaker
- i love using this hand juicer all about juice
- like a cute margarita glass They are Also They are
- Ah pitcher for party
Get all your go-to kitchen essentials here!
more great cocktail recipes
Get all cocktail recipes here!
We hope you like this Grapefruit Margarita recipe. Please leave comments and ratings when you make it. I can see how much you liked it. Have fun, xo!
The best grapefruit margarita recipe made with 5 simple ingredients and a beautiful garnish. Serve margaritas with tagine rims and dried citrus for an easy and photogenic cocktail. Serve a crowd in a triple or enjoy these grapefruit margaritas as is for date night or girls’ night out.
- For margaritas:
Simple Syrup* (2 tablespoons)
triple sec (or substitute with simpler syrup)
Freshly squeezed lime juice (1/4 cup fresh lime juice)
freshly squeezed grapefruit juice
- For serving:
- tagine (or sea salt) and lime wedges (to rim the glass), if desired
- fresh or dried grapefruit slices
If you want your glass to have a rim, do this first. Cut the lime into wedges and rub the lime cut along the rim of your favorite glass. Pour the tagine (or sea salt) into the dish and dip the rim of the wet glass into the tagine to coat it.
Add tequila, simple syrup, triple sec, fresh lime juice, fresh grapefruit juice, and ice to a cocktail shaker. Cap tightly and shake vigorously for about 15 seconds.
Pour the margarita into a rimmed glass and garnish with a slice of fresh or dehydrated grapefruit. cheers!
*A quick shortcut for simple syrup: Combine equal parts granulated sugar and water (2 tablespoons equals 2 tablespoons) in a small jar and shake for 1-2 minutes until the sugar dissolves.
Here’s how to make dried citrus! Perfect for garnishing cocktails, desserts and more.
Serving: 2 servings
Serving size: 1 margarita