this easy english muffin breakfast sandwich Egg sandwich with turkey bacon, eggs and cheese is my go-to egg sandwich and a great way to start the morning!
english muffin breakfast sandwich
Skip the drive-thru and make your own breakfast sandwich! Nothing makes me happier than an egg sandwich for breakfast.These healthier English muffin breakfast sandwiches take less than 10 minutes. Many of my favorite healthy breakfast sandwich recipes are this Bacon Avocado Bagel Sandwich, Breakfast BLT, and Omelette Tortilla Breakfast Wrap.
lighter bacon egg and cheese sandwich
If you like bacon egg and cheese McMuffins, you’ll love this sandwich too. A whole grain English muffin topped with turkey bacon, cheddar his cheese, and a light McDonald’s English his muffin his sandwich.
breakfast sandwich ingredients
- English Muffin: Toast two whole-wheat English muffins.
- Turkey bacon: Cut two pieces of turkey bacon in half.
- cheese: Use rich cheddar cheese
- egg: I fried the eggs to keep the yolks smooth. This is my favorite, but you can cook them to your liking.You can also scramble them if you prefer.
- salt and pepper season the eggs
- option: Top with hot sauce, ketchup, mustard, or any other condiment of your choice.
How to make an English muffin breakfast sandwich
- Toast English muffins: Slice muffins in half, top with cheese, and toast in a toaster oven or broiler about 6 inches away from flame until cheese is melted.
- Cook eggs: Crack the eggs in a nonstick skillet, season with a pinch of salt and black pepper, cover, and cook over low heat until the yolks are cooked to your liking.
- Assemble the sandwich: Place the bacon on one side of the muffin, the egg on the other, and seasonings if desired.
how to stay ahead
You can double or triple this easy breakfast sandwich recipe if you prefer. Instead of frying eggs, scramble them and assemble sandwiches. Wrap each tightly in plastic wrap or foil and store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. To reheat from the refrigerator, microwave the sandwich for 45 to 60 seconds on a microwave-safe plate or warm in the toaster oven until warm.
How to proactively freeze
Wrap individually tightly in plastic wrap or foil and store in the freezer for up to 3 months. To reheat from frozen, place sandwich on microwave-safe plate, cook for 1 minute, flip, then cook for 1 more minute or until thoroughly cooked.
- meat: Replace turkey bacon with ham, Taylor ham, center cut bacon, Canadian bacon, or turkey sausage patties.
- bread: Switch up your bread and use gluten-free muffins, rolls, bagels, or sliced bread.
- cheese: Substitute pepper jack, provolone, mozzarella, or Swiss cheese for cheddar.
- seasoning: Season the eggs with any bagel seasoning or tagine.
- vegetable: Add avocado, red onion, or tomato.
- Vegetarian Breakfast Sandwich: leave the meat.
- Go Dairy Free: Skip the cheese or use dairy-free cheese.
More Ahead Breakfast Recipes You’ll Love
yield: 2 serving
Serving size: 1 sandwich
Open English muffins, top with cheese slices, and bake in toaster oven or broiler about 6 inches away from flame until cheese melts (be careful not to burn).
Meanwhile, spray a large frying pan with oil and cook the turkey bacon according to the instructions.
Set aside and spray skillet with more oil.
Crack the eggs in a nonstick skillet, season with a pinch of salt and black pepper, cover and cook on low until the yolks are cooked to your liking.
To make a sandwich: Place bacon on one side and eggs on the other.
Top with optional seasonings if desired.
please leave a rating and comment Let us know how you liked this recipe! This allows our business to thrive and allow us to continue providing high quality recipes for free.
Keep dairy free. Skip the cheese or use dairy-free cheese.
Make Vegetarian: Omit the turkey bacon.
Advance them: Double or triple the recipe as needed. Scramble the eggs and assemble the sandwich. Wrap individually tightly in plastic wrap or foil and store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. To reheat from the refrigerator, place sandwich on microwave-safe plate and cook for 45 to 60 seconds or until heated or reheated in toaster oven.
*Calculate with Velveeta
To freeze: Wrap individually tightly in plastic wrap or foil and store in the freezer for up to 3 months. To reheat from frozen, place sandwich on microwave-safe plate, cook for 1 minute, flip and cook for 1 more minute or until thoroughly cooked.
Serving: 1 sandwich, calorie: 242 kcal, carbohydrates: 29.5 g, protein: 18.5 g, obesity: 9.5 g, saturated fat: 2 g, cholesterol: 211 mg, sodium: 671 mg, fiber: 8 g, sugar: 3.2 g