no time? no problem! This easy pizza dough recipe is not only super fast and insanely easy. Incredibly delicious!! In 5 minutes with just a handful of ingredients and a food processor, you can make a thin, chewy pizza crust that tastes as good as pizza from a pizzeria.
quick and easy homemade pizza dough recipe
Homemade pizza dough doesn’t have to be complicated and it doesn’t take long. In years past, when I didn’t have time to make my favorite pizza dough, I resorted to Greek pita bread or store-bought pizza dough. These options are fine for a quick and easy dinner, but not very satisfying.
That’s where this pizza dough recipe came from. I was skeptical.a food processorDon’t you knead or inflate it? And in just 5 minutes? ? I doubt it’s true. Sure, it looked quick and easy. But was it good? I was so thrilled to discover that it was not only really fast and easy, but very nice. It’s not just “this is perfect for 5 minutes of pizza dough,” it’s delicious enough to get everyone excited and telling all their friends about it. are you ready?
Ingredients needed for this quick and easy pizza dough:
- very warm water– Water temperature is important for yeast activation.
- Olive oil– We like to add olive oil flavor to our pizza dough, but you can use any neutral flavored oil.
- yeast– I used active dry yeast, but you can use instant yeast as well.
- sugar– Sugar helps feed the yeast. You can also use honey.
- flour– I used strong flour here, but you can also use medium flour or whole wheat flour.
- Parmesan cheese– Freshly grated parmesan is good here, but pre-grated parmesan is also good.
- salt– Salt is very important for the overall flavor of the dough.
Super quick and easy pizza dough recipe:
- Activate yeast. Add water, sugar, oil and yeast to a small bowl or liquid. measuring cup. whip join Leave it alone until the mixture becomes foamy.
- Mix dry ingredients together. Mix flour, parmesan cheese and salt in a bowl food processor. pulse to combine.
- Add the liquid to form a dough. Slowly pour in yeast mixture while running food processor. Continue working until mixture comes together to form a hairy ball. This may take him a minute or so.
- Roll up the dough. Place the dough on a lightly floured surface. Knead the dough several times until it forms a ball. Cut the dough in half. Quickly roll out the dough to form a circle about 11 inches in diameter. Carefully place the dough on a parchment-lined baking sheet or pizza pan.
- Use it now! This dough is really delicious to use right away! Refrigerate the dough, wrap tightly in plastic wrap if desired, and use within 3-5 days.
More delicious pizza recipes:
super quick and easy pizza dough
This easy pizza dough recipe is not only super fast and insanely easy. Incredibly delicious!! In 5 minutes with just a handful of ingredients and a food processor, you can make a thin, chewy pizza crust that tastes as good as pizza from a pizzeria.
Portion: 2 medium pizza
Preheat oven to 475°F.
Add water, oil, sugar and yeast to a small bowl. Ferment until foamy. It takes about 5 minutes or less. If the mixture rises and no longer foams, it probably means the yeast is dead.
Add flour, Parmesan cheese, and salt to bowl of food processor. Pulse until well mixed. Turn on the food processor and slowly pour in the yeast mixture. Keep moving until mixture begins to form dough balls. It’s okay if it looks fuzzy.
Pour the dough onto a lightly floured surface and cut into 2 equal pieces. Use your palms to flatten the dough ball into a disk. Roll the disc from the center to the edge with a rolling pin, rotating the dough with each roll to create an even circle. The end circle diameter should be approximately 11 inches.
Transfer the rolled dough to a pizza pan or pizza stone. Add pizza sauce, cheese, and toppings of your choice.
Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until edges are golden brown and cheese in middle of pizza is bubbly and melted.
This will make dough for 2 medium pizzas. This dough is best freshly made and really only takes 15 minutes. Refrigerate the dough, wrap tightly in plastic wrap if desired, and use within 3-5 days.
calorie: 103kcal | carbohydrates: 18g | protein: 3g | obesity: 2g | saturated fat: 0.4g | Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g | Monounsaturated fat: 1g | cholesterol: 1mg | sodium: 185mg | potassium: 30mg | fiber: 1g | sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 15IU | Vitamin C: 0.001mg | calcium: 18mg | iron: 0.2mg
I am a registered dietitian, mother of four, food enthusiast and a strong advocate of healthy habits. Here you’ll find delicious fruit and vegetable-heavy recipes, tips to help your child eat better and more intuitively, and tons of resources for feeding your family.
Learn more about Natalie