Double Dill Homemade Tartar Sauce is easy to make in minutes. I love eating fish with this delicious low carb tartar sauce!
Pin double dill Homemade tartar sauce later!
Before talking about how easy it is to make this double dill homemade tartar sauce What about tartar sauce? Some people may think it’s a boring seasoning, but I love tartar sauce, and if you’re eating mildly flavored fish at a restaurant, I don’t think you’ll miss it.
Unfortunately, most tartar sauces that you buy in a jar don’t taste all that great, and purchased tartar sauces often contain sugar, which makes them not diet-friendly for many people. Since I’m trying to eat more fish and love tartar sauce, I decided to come up with a recipe for a delicious, diet-friendly homemade tartar sauce that’s sugar-free and full of flavor.
It took a bit of experimentation, but my recipe for Double Dill Homemade Tartar Sauce that I make regularly now is to add Greek yogurt (or sour cream), mayonnaise, dill weed, capers, dill pickle relish or chopped dill pickle. It’s a combination. The most delicious tartar sauce recipe I have ever tried!
I think this delicious homemade tartar sauce goes well with any type of fish. If you love tartar sauce as much as I do, you’ll love this recipe and make it again and again every time you eat fish. menu!
What are the ingredients needed for this recipe?
(THIS IS A LIST OF INGREDIENTS ONLY. SCROLL DOWN TO SEE THE FULL PRINTABLE RECIPES OR JUMP TO RECIPE LINK AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE TO GO DIRECTLY TO THE FULL RECIPES.) increase.)
Who doesn’t like Greek yogurt?
I loved this homemade tartar sauce, and liked the slightly tangy savory notes the Greek yogurt added, but you can also make it with sour cream if you prefer. You can use fatty dairy products.
Can I make homemade tartar sauce without a food processor?
If you use a food processor, you can easily make a double dill tartar sauce, but if you don’t have one, you can mix it in a bowl.
Recipe for fish to enjoy with homemade tartar sauce:
How to make double dill homemade tartar sauce:
(This is just a summary of the recipe steps. Scroll down for the full printable recipe, or use the JUMP TO RECIPE link at the top of the page to go directly to the full recipe. increase.)
- You will need Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, chopped capers, dill pickle relish or dill pickle and dill weed.
- Originally it was made with a spice blend called Bon Appetit, but it is no longer available, so I use it. beau monde seasoning (affiliate link).
- Measure out Greek yogurt and mayonnaise.
- Add chopped capers, dill pickle relish (or chopped dill pickle), dill weed and Beau Monde seasoning.
- You can mix the ingredients in the bowl, but I used the included bowl attachment. immersion blender (affiliate link).
- that’s it! The resulting homemade tartar sauce is slightly rich, and the sourness of yogurt and the creaminess of mayonnaise enhance the flavor of dill.
More fish recipes to enjoy:
It’s no joke that this delicious homemade tartar sauce might be a good reason to cook fish.
2/3 cup plain Greek yogurt (see note)
1/3 cup mayonnaise (see note)
1/2 teaspoon dillweed (dried dill)
2 T capers, drained and finely chopped
3 T dill pickle relish (see note)
1/2 teaspoon Beaumont seasoning
- You can whisk this together in a bowl or use the bowl attachment. immersion blender (affiliate link) Like I did, but don’t overdo it when using Immersion Blender.
- Measure out Greek yogurt (or sour cream) and mayonnaise and whisk to combine.
- Add dried dill weed, chopped capers, dill pickle relish (or chopped pickles), beau monde seasoning (affiliate link) (affiliate link).
- Whisk or blend to mix. The mixture should be chunky.
- For best flavor, refrigerate for several hours before using.
- This can be stored in the refrigerator for several weeks.
If desired, use sour cream instead of Greek yogurt for a less sour sauce.
You can use full-fat or low-fat Greek yogurt or sour cream, but higher-fat products are usually lower in carbs.
Be sure to use sugar-free dill pickle relish (or use finely chopped dill pickle if you prefer. I love using my favorite dill pickle in this recipe.)
This makes 1 1/4 cups of tartar sauce. Serving size for nutrition information is 2 tablespoons.
This recipe was created by Kalyn.
Nutrition Facts Table:
Amount Per Serving:
calorie: 59Total Fat: 6gsaturated fat: 1gTrans fat: 0gUnsaturated fat: 4gcholesterol: 4mgsodium: 204mgcarbohydrates: 1gfiber: 0gsugar: 1gprotein: 2g
The Recipe Plug-In I use automatically calculates nutritional information. I am not a nutritionist and cannot guarantee 100% accuracy as many variables affect the calculations.
Low Carb / Low Glycemic / South Beach Diet Suggestions:
This Double Dill Homemade Tartar Sauce is an ultra-low carb version of tartar sauce, and for those on a low-carb or keto diet, this sauce is made with full-fat Greek yogurt (or sour cream) and full-fat mayonnaise. love. If you prefer low-fat, be careful not to choose reduced-fat Greek yogurt with added sugar or reduced-fat mayonnaise if you are eating this for a low-carb diet. Using mayonnaise with no added sugar, this helps with the original South Beach diet.
Find more recipes like this:
Use our sauce recipes to find more recipes like this. Use the diet type index to find recipes that are suitable for specific meal plans.I also recommend following Karin’s Kitchen on Pinterest, on facebook, on Instagram, on TikTokagain on youtube To see all the good recipes I’m sharing there.
Historical notes for this recipe:
I’ve been making Double Dill Homemade Tartar Sauce over and over again since it was first posted in 2008. The homemade tartar sauce recipe was last updated in 2023.
The Amazon Services LLC Associate Program is an affiliate promotion program designed to provide a means to earn commissions by linking to Amazon.co.jp and affiliate sites. As an Amazon Associate, I earn income from qualifying purchases.