These quick and easy chicken taco poblano rice bowls are perfect for dinner and meal prep. Make diced chicken breast, poblano peppers, corn, pico de gallo, and cheese in skillet.
chicken taco poblano bowl
This healthy chicken taco rice bowl recipe revitalizes boring chicken breasts with taco spices and veggies. Serve over brown rice instead of tortillas. Perfect for dinner and meal prep. For Mexican-inspired bowl recipes, try the Chipotle Chicken Bowl, Spicy Pork Brussels Bowl, Shrimp Fajita Bowl, and Quinoa Huevos Rancheros Bowl.
These chicken taco and rice bowls are very family friendly as they are ready in under 30 minutes and are very customizable. Setting all the toppings allows your family to skip what they don’t like. You can pre-cook the chicken, vegetables and rice, then assemble the bowl and top it with pico de gallo, cheese and sour cream at dinner. You can also
How to make taco seasoning from scratch
Season the chicken with our homemade taco seasoning blend. You can buy them, of course, but it’s super easy to make your own taco seasoning with the spices you already have. And if you make it yourself, there is less processing and you can control the amount of salt. All you have to do is mix all the following spices in a small bowl:
- garlic powder
- kosher salt
- Chili powder
- sweet paprika
- dried oregano
How to make pico de gallo from scratch
Pico de gallo is a fresh tomato salsa that’s perfect for tacos, chips, and more. To make pico de gallo from scratch, mix chopped tomatoes, onions and cilantro and season with lime juice and salt. If you like spicy food, you can also add chopped jalapenos.
Tips and Variations for Chicken Taco Bowls:
- Chicken for steak or minced meat.
- Swap out the poblano peppers for bell peppers or jalapenos to make it spicier.
- Add black beans for more protein and fiber.
- Top the bowl with sliced avocado or guacamole.
- Add hot sauce or fresh jalapenos for extra spice.
- Switch out brown rice for cauliflower rice in a low-carb bowl.
- Use cilantro lime rice or cauliflower rice versions as a base instead of brown rice.
to prepare meals: Divide chicken and rice into 4 cooking containers. Pack pico de gallo and toppings in separate containers. Cover and refrigerate up to 4 days. To reheat, microwave in 30 second intervals.
More Chicken Taco Recipes You’ll Love:
chicken taco poblano bowl
These quick and easy chicken taco poblano rice bowls are perfect for dinner and meal prep.
- 1 1/4 lb Organic boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2 inch cubes, from 3rd grade
- 2 tea spoon Olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup coriander, chopped plus for garnish
- 1 poblano pepper, Seed and dice
- 1 roma tomato, core and dice
- 1 lime, halved
- octopus seasoning, refer to the following
- kosher salt
- 1 cup frozen or raw corn kernels
- 3 cup cooked brown rice, Heated (use cauliflower rice for low carbs)
- 1/4 cup cheddar jack cheese
- 1/4 cup 2% sour cream or Greek yogurt, option
- 1 tea spoon garlic powder
- 1 tea spoon cumin
- 1 tea spoon kosher salt
- 1/2 tea spoon Chili powder
- 1/2 tea spoon paprika
- 1/2 tea spoon oregano
Cut the chicken into small dices. Combine taco seasonings in a small bowl and set aside.
To make pico de gallo, set aside 3 tablespoons of diced onion and place in a bowl with tomatoes, coriander, 2 teaspoons lime juice, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. set aside.
Add oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat. When the fire goes through, add the chicken and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes until it is browned.
Add remaining onion, poblano peppers, and taco seasoning to skillet and cook until softened, 2 to 3 minutes. Add 1/2 cup water and corn. Heat for 1-2 minutes and remove from heat.
Divide rice among four bowls and top with chicken, cheese, pico de gallo, and optional sour cream.
Serving: 1bowl, calorie: 475kcal, carbohydrate: 52g, protein: 40.5g, thick: 12g, saturated fat: Fourg, cholesterol: 116mg, sodium: 407.5mg, fiber: 6g, sugar: 3.5g
keyword: chicken bowls, chicken breast recipes, skillet chicken