Loaded with vegetables like regular fried rice, this cauliflower fried rice recipe is a fun and flavorful meal. Top with a fried egg!
This cauliflower fried rice recipe is one of the best meals I’ve had in recent times. Just tick all the boxes! It’s quick and easy to make, it’s packed with veggies, and most importantly, it’s seriously packed with flavor. If you’re still skeptical about cauliflower rice, it’s time to give it a chance! I am sure you will love this recipe.
So why is this cauliflower fried rice so delicious? Now, instead of modeling Chinese style fried rice, I took inspiration from Korean kimchi fried rice and used chopped kimchi to add a spicy, tangy and funky flavor to this dish. We added shiitake mushrooms for a savory bite, ginger and green onions for a refreshing kick, and scrambled eggs and edamame to make the whole thing more filling. . I hope you love it as much as I do!
Cauliflower Fried Rice Recipe Ingredients
Along with the basics like avocado oil (or neutral oil) and sea salt, here’s what you need to make this cauliflower fried rice recipe.
- cauliflower rice, of course! Instead of buying bagged or frozen cauliflower rice, I like to make it myself! If you don’t have a food processor, cut the cauliflower into large chunks and grate the large holes on a grater.
- Shiitake mushrooms – Adds crunchy meaty texture and savory umami.
- Carrot – Finely dice the mushrooms so that they soften during sauté time.
- garlic and ginger – They add a refreshing bite.
- kimchi – For tangy, spicy funk.
- green onion – Gives cauliflower fried rice a fresh onion flavor and pretty green flecks.
- egg – Scramble a couple of rice and top with a fried egg if you like!
- Edamame – Enjoy extra protein and a fun, poppy texture. Frozen peas work here too!
- rice vinegar, tamari, roasted sesame oil – Mix them together to create a light sauce that adds a tangy, nutty flavor to the rice. Soy sauce and coconut aminos work here too!
- fresh lime juice ・Bold and bright finish.
- Sriracha, Microgreens, Sesame – You love toppings, right? Sriracha adds heat, microgreens add freshness, and sesame adds a nutty crunch.
Find the full recipe with the measurements below.
How to make cauliflower fried rice
The recipe for cauliflower fried rice is so easy! Here are the steps:
First, mix the sauce. Add rice vinegar, tamari, and sesame oil to a small bowl and mix.
then sauté the vegetables. Heat the avocado oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. We do not recommend using a different type of pan for this recipe. Cauliflower rice and eggs tend to stick together, so having a non-stick frying pan helps. A well-seasoned cast iron would also work well if you have it. Skip the stainless steel!
Put mushrooms, carrots and salt in a pan and simmer until tender. Then mix in the garlic, ginger, kimchi, cauliflower and scallions. Mix well.
Next add the eggs. Make a well in the middle of the rice and pour the egg in (Tip: Beat the egg in a small bowl beforehand!). Stir to mix the scrambled eggs into the cauliflower fried rice.
Finally, season the rice. Add the tamari sauce and edamame, and simmer until the edamame is cooked through. Turn off heat, add lime juice and mix to taste.
Recommended ways to eat cauliflower fried rice
Serve this cauliflower fried rice with a host of toppings like sriracha squirts, sesame seeds for crunch, and microgreens for freshness. For a more hearty meal, I love topping it with a fried egg (the egg yolk creates a kind of thick sauce on the veggie-filled rice. It’s so good!) or grilled tofu.
This recipe is best the day you make it, but leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. fun!
More favorite cauliflower recipes
If you like this cauliflower fried rice recipe, try the following delicious cauliflower recipes.
cauliflower fried rice
This cauliflower fried rice recipe is a vegetarian, gluten-free, low-carb main or side dish that everyone will love!
- 2 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoon Tamari
- 2 tea spoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 tea spoon avocado oil
- 8 ounce Shiitake mushrooms, stems and slices
- 1 carrot (large), diced
- ¼ tea spoon sea salt
- 2 garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped ginger
- ¼ cup chopped kimchi
- 1 small head of cauliflower, cooked rice
- 1 Bunch of green onions, chopped
- 2 egg, beaten
- ½ cup Frozen edamame
- 1½ tea spoon fresh lime juice
- fried egg, optional for topping
- Gum, for decoration
- micro green, for decoration
- Sriracha, for serving
Add rice vinegar, tamari, and sesame oil to a small bowl and mix. set aside.
Heat the avocado oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms, carrots, and salt, and cook, stirring occasionally, 8 minutes or until tender.
Add the garlic, ginger, and kimchi and stir-fry, then add the cauliflower rice and scallions and mix. Make a well in the center of the pan and pour the eggs into it. Stir, then mix the scrambled eggs into the fried rice.
Add the tamari and green soybeans and simmer until the green soybeans are cooked through. Turn off heat, add lime juice and mix to taste.
Place cauliflower fried rice on a plate and top with a fried egg if desired. Garnish with sesame and microgreens and serve with sriracha.