A delicious, high-protein Buffalo Chicken Rice Bowl made with chicken breast, black beans, brown rice and cheese and simmered in a hot sauce. Perfect for meal prep!
buffalo chicken bowl
These healthy buffalo chicken bowls are high in protein, high in fiber, and so delicious you’ll want to try them! Perfect for lunch, a quick weekday dinner, or meal prep. If you want to add veggies, serve it with avocado on top or salad on the side. For easier meal prep recipes, try this Taco Salad, Greek Chicken Rice Bowl, and Honey Sriracha Chicken and Broccoli Bowl.
buffalo chicken bowl ingredients
- chicken: Cut 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts into 1/2-inch cubes.
- onion: Dice half a cup of red onion. If you don’t have a red onion, you can use a yellow onion instead.
- seasoning: paprika, cumin, salt
- Black bean: Rinse and drain 1 can of low-sodium black beans.
- Buffalo sauce: You can buy ready-made or make a quick homemade buffalo sauce Frank’s Red Hotmelted butter, garlic powder.
- brown rice: Substitute white rice, quinoa, or cauliflower rice if desired.
- cheese: You will need half a cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
- green onion for decoration
How to make buffalo chicken bowl
- Onions and black beans: Heat the oil in a pan over medium to low heat, add the onions, and sauté until slightly caramelized. Stir in beans, spices and salt and cook for a few minutes.
- chicken: Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Next, put a large frying pan on high heat, and when it gets hot, pour the oil. Cook the chicken for about 5 minutes, then flip it over so it is browned on all sides. Transfer the chicken to a bowl and toss with the hot sauce.
- Assemble the bowl: Put rice in each bowl and top with broad beans, cheese and chicken. If you eat the bowl right away, he heats it in the microwave for 30 seconds to melt it with the cheese. Then add green onions.
Preparation Buffalo Chicken Bowl Meal Method
You can make these buffalo chicken bowls ahead for a quick meal over the next few days. Place all ingredients in a small glass container and store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. When you’re ready to eat, just reheat in the microwave.
More Buffalo Chicken Recipes You’ll Love:
Your comments are helpful!if you tried this health buffalo chicken bowl Recipes and other stuff from Skinnytaste, don’t forget rate recipes When leave a comment Less than.And if you take a picture of it please share it with me Instagram Be able to re-share in stories!
buffalo chicken bowl
A delicious, high-protein Buffalo Chicken Rice Bowl made with chicken breast, black beans, brown rice and cheese and steamed in hot sauce. Great for meal prep!
- 3 8 oz boneless skinless chicken breast, dice into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 tea spoon olive or canola oil
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 tea spoon kosher salt
- 1 cup Canned low-salt black soybeans, Rinse and drain
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce, franks
- 3 cup cooked brown rice
- 1/2 cup partially skimmed cheddar cheese, or dairy-free cheddar
- 1/4 cup Chopped green onion
Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the onions and cook until slightly caramelized, about 5 minutes.
Add black beans, paprika, cumin, and salt. Stir to combine and heat for 3-4 minutes.
While it’s cooking, heat a large skillet over high heat and add the chicken when the oil is hot.
Bake until browned on both sides, about 5 minutes, then flip and bake until browned in the center.
Set aside in a medium bowl and toss with hot sauce.
Pour 3/4 cup rice into each bowl, top each with 1/4 cup beans and cheese, and divide chicken over bowls.
If you plan to eat it right away, I like to melt the cheese in the microwave for 30 seconds. Top with green onions.
Serving: 1bowl, calorie: 485kcal, carbohydrates: 47.5g, protein: 49.5g, obesity: 9.5g, saturated fat: 3g, cholesterol: 134mg, sodium: 1200mg, fiber: 7g, sugar: 1.5g
keyword: Buffalo chicken bowl, healthy buffalo chicken, high protein, preparation