Braised Kale with Pancetta, Garlic and Onions is a healthy side dish that pairs with any protein and is a delicious way to eat vegetables.
kale with pancetta
This simple kale recipe with seven ingredients is so delicious. The pancetta gives the kale flavor and the splash of vinegar adds a tartness that pairs very well with leafy greens like kale. Did I mention it’s one of the healthiest and most nutritious foods in the world? Need more kale ideas? Try this Kale and Brussels Sprouts Salad, Parmesan and Pecan Salad, or Harvest Kale Salad with Try raw salads, such as roasted winter squash.
What is the difference between bacon and pancetta?
The bacon and pancetta is cured pork belly but the bacon is smoked but the pancetta is not. They are very similar and can often be interchanged.
- Pancetta: Dice 2 ounces pancetta.
- onion: Chop 1 white or yellow onion.
- garlic: Chop 2 cloves of garlic.
- Red pepper flakes: Omit if you like mild food.
- Chicken broth: Choose a low-salt soup. Vegetable soup works too.
- Red wine vinegar: If you run out of red wine vinegar, substitute it with apple cider or white wine vinegar.
- Kale: You will need 3 bundles of flat kale, such as Lasinat kale. Remove the stems and tear the leaves into small pieces.
how to cook kale
- Cook pancetta: Heat a large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium-low heat and cook the pancetta until crisp, about 8 minutes.
- Cook vegetables: Add the onion and salt to the pancetta fat and sauté for 5 minutes. Add garlic and red bell pepper and simmer for 20-30 seconds. Pour the broth into the pan and stir in the kale, vinegar, and more salt.
- cover and simmer Medium-low greens until softened but not mushy. If the soup evaporates, pour a little water so that the bottom does not burn. Top with pancetta and enjoy.
More Kale Recipes You’ll Love:
Your comments are helpful!if you tried this health kale with pancetta Recipes and other stuff from Skinnytaste, don’t forget rate recipes When leave a comment belowAnd if you take a picture of it please share it with me Instagram Be able to re-share in stories!
kale with pancetta
Braised Kale with Pancetta, Garlic and Onions is a healthy side dish that pairs with any protein and is a delicious way to eat your veggies!
- 2 ounce pancetta, diced
- 1 Moderate onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup low sodium chicken soup
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 3 bunch flat kale, Stems and Breaks (14 oz/17 cups total)
Heat a large heavy-bottomed pot or Dutch oven over medium-low heat and cook the pancetta until crisp, about 8 minutes.
Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate and use a slotted spoon to retain the fat.
Add onions and 1/4 teaspoon salt to same pan. Cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown and fragrant, 5-6 minutes.
Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and simmer for 20-30 seconds, just before the garlic burns.
Add chicken broth to deglaze pan and stir in kale.
Add red wine vinegar and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Cover and simmer over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until kale is tender, about 18 to 20 minutes.
As the broth evaporates, add a little water to prevent the bottom from burning.
Top with pancetta and enjoy.
Serving: 11/4 cup, calorie: 115kcal, carbohydrates: 12g, protein: 6.5g, obesity: 5.5g, saturated fat: 1.5g, cholesterol: Fivemg, sodium: 176mg, fiber: Fiveg, sugar: 5.5g
keyword: Braised kale, pancetta and vegetable side dish