Baked Mayo Parmesan Fish is such an easy low-carb fish dinner that it just might become your new favorite fish recipe. And this grilled fish with mayonnaise and parmesan cheese is so delicious!
I’m 100% sure this recipe for Baked Mayo Parmesan Fish will be a winner for many people, even if they’re not big fish fans. I can say this with confidence because I posted a baked mayo parmesan chicken a few years ago and soon fans of that recipe started saying that he likes mayo parmesan topping his fish. So I decided to make it a separate recipe so others can find it easily.
And today I’m reminding you of this favorite way to cook fish with this week’s FRIDAY FRIDAY FAVORITE RECIPES! Unless you really don’t like fish, I’m sure you’ll like it.
And if you’re cooking for someone who “hates fish,” I recommend this recipe. Because readers report that even fish avoiders gobble it up because the mayonnaise and parmesan cheese topping adds so much flavor.
What are the ingredients needed for this recipe?
(This is just a list of ingredients. Scroll down to see the full printable recipe. Or use the JUMP TO RECIPE link at the top of the page to go directly to the full recipe.) increase.)
- 4 fish fillets about 0.5 inch thick
- Szeged fish love (affiliate link)
- Freshly grated or coarsely grated parmesan cheese
- garlic powder (affiliate link)
- Coarsely ground black pepper to taste
Which fish lab do you use?
If you’re cooking any kind of fish, the one product I’ve recommended for years is Szeged fish love (affiliate link) A blend of spices that seems to be the best seasoning for fish. I found it at the grocery store a few years ago, but I’ve been buying it on Amazon.com for the past few years and it’s always in my spice drawer. If you have a fish love from your favorite brand, that should work too.
What type of fish did you use in your Baked Mayo Parmesan Fish?
I used Costco’s frozen mahi-mahi for my baked mayo parmesan fish, but this recipe can be made with thicker pieces of white fish.
Want more easy low carb fish recipe ideas?
For more easy grilled fish ideas, check out our low-carb and keto grilled fish recipes. Or, if you want more of all kinds of fish dinners, take a look at our low-carb and keto fish dinners.
To make Baked Mayo Parmesan Fish:
(This is just a summary of the recipe steps. Scroll down for the full printable recipe, or use the JUMP TO RECIPE link at the top of the page to go directly to the full recipe. increase.)
- Use a firm fish fillet about 1/2 inch thick. Thaw the fish in the refrigerator overnight and drain well.
- Rub Szeged fish love (Affiliate Link) Or your favorite brand, preheat your oven to 400F/200C and let the fish come to room temperature.
- Mix mayonnaise, coarsely grated parmesan cheese and garlic powder.
- Use a rubber scraper to spread the mixture over the fish.
- Carefully transfer the fish to a baking dish. Season with freshly ground black pepper.
- Bake the fish in the top half of the oven for about 12 minutes or until the fish begins to set firm by pressing the sides with a fork.
- Then turn the oven on BROIL and brown the toppings for 3-4 minutes. (Time may be shorter if the broiler gets very hot. Watch carefully!)
- A small amount of liquid may be released as the fish is cooked. If desired, wipe dry with a paper towel before serving.
Eat a low-carb diet:
This grilled fish is great with barely-steamed asparagus with basil vinaigrette, lemony green beans with lemon juice and lemon zest, or stir-fried spinach with garlic and parmesan cheese for a low-carb side dish.
Low-carb dinner with fish and seafood:
4 6-8 oz. fish fillet about 0.5 inch thick (see note)
1 teaspoon Szeged fish rub to rub on the fish. (see note)
1/2 cup mayonnaise
4 T freshly grated or coarsely grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
Coarsely ground black pepper to taste
- Thaw the fish in the refrigerator overnight and drain well. (If the fish is very wet, place it between two paper towels to squeeze out excess moisture.
- Arrange the fish on a cutting board and rub both sides together. Szeged fish love (affiliate link) (or your favorite brand) While preheating the oven to 400F/200C, let the fish come to room temperature.
- In a small bowl or glass measuring cup, combine mayonnaise, coarsely grated Parmesan cheese, and garlic powder. The mixture will be stiff, so mix well.
- With the fish still on the cutting board, use a rubber scraper to spread the mixture evenly over each fish. (It was a lot less messy doing it on the cutting board than when the fish was in the baking dish. Believe it!)
- Then carefully transfer the fish to a baking dish, using the smallest dish that will fit all the pieces. Season with freshly ground black pepper over the fish topping. Bake the fish in the top half of the oven for about 12 minutes, or until the fish starts to firm when pressed down the sides with a fork (thick parts will take longer to bake).
- Then switch the oven to BROIL and bake the toppings for 3-4 minutes. (If the broiler gets very hot, the time may be shorter. Watch carefully!) Serve hot.
I used frozen mahi-mahi from Costco. Use your favorite firm, mild fish for this recipe.
i’m crazy Szeged fish love (affiliate link) I use it for almost every type of fish I cook, but there are other better fish on the market.
This recipe was inspired by readers who loved the toppings. Baked Mayo Parmesan Chicken Use for fish!
Nutrition Facts Table:
Amount Per Serving:
calorie: 637Total Fat: 26gsaturated fat: 5gUnsaturated fat: 19gcholesterol: 360mgsodium: 674mgcarbohydrates: 2gfiber: 0gsugar: 0gprotein: 94g
The Recipe Plug-In I use automatically calculates nutritional information. I am not a nutritionist and cannot guarantee 100% accuracy as many variables affect the calculations.
Low Carb / Low Glycemic / South Beach Diet Suggestions:
Baked Mayo Parmesan Fish is a great dish for any low carb or keto diet plan and this recipe is gluten free. If you’re making it at any stage of the original South Beach diet, we recommend using low-fat mayonnaise and slightly less parmesan cheese. I think it’s still pretty good with low-fat ingredients, but personally I’d just splurge on mayonnaise and parmesan cheese a bit. Your choice on it!
Find more recipes like this:
Use seafood recipes for more fish dinner ideas, or oven dinners for more freshly baked entrees like this one. Use the diet type index to find recipes that are suitable for specific meal plans.I also recommend following Karin’s Kitchen on Pinterest, on facebook, on Instagram, on TikTokAlso on youtube To see all the good recipes I’m sharing there.
Historical notes for this recipe:
This easy grilled fish recipe was posted in 2019. Detailed information updated in 2021 and last updated in 2023.
The Amazon Services LLC Associate Program is an affiliate promotion program designed to provide a means for us to earn commissions by linking to Amazon.com and affiliate sites. As an Amazon Associate, I earn income from qualifying purchases.