These air fryer buffalo cauliflower bites are the perfect appetizer or game day snack. Crunchy, saucy and spicy. I can’t get enough of it!
This Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower is the ultimate game-day snack. It’s saucy, spicy, crunchy, and packed with flavor in every bite. Next weekend’s Super Bowl snack If he still needs a lek, this is mine. Please make this!
This recipe is based on the baked buffalo cauliflower I shared last fall.After posting, I received requests from many people. air fryer version. I’m so glad I tried this Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower because it could be even better than the oven version (which was already very tasty). If you use an air fryer, it will be even crispier! Eat the florets plain (warning: they’re quite addictive!) or drizzle them with a creamy dipping sauce. This vegan ranch is amazing.
Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower Recipe Ingredients
To make this air fryer buffalo cauliflower recipe, first: cauliflower head into large florets.
Then make the batter All purpose flour, cornstarch, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, water. Cornstarch is the secret to making cauliflower crispy!
Brush cauliflower after air frying. buffalo sauceI like to make homemade things with . frank’s red hot sauce, melted butter, garlic powder, paprika, honey.For vegan alternatives, sub vegan butter Use agave instead of honey!
Don’t forget the vegan ranch dressing for your serving! For a complete “Buffalo Wings” experience, carrot and celery stick is also fun.
Find the full recipe with the measurements below.
air fryer buffalo cauliflower tips
- Really coat that cauliflower! The batter is what gives the cauliflower that crispy “fry” effect, so you want it all over each floret. .
- Do not cram it in a basket. Overstuffing will cause the cauliflower to steam rather than brown or crisp. Arrange the florets in a single row, leaving a little space around each. Work in batches as needed. To make this recipe in an air fryer, you’ll need two batches.
- Carefully turn over. Flipping the cauliflower after the first few minutes of cooking may make it want to stick to the air fryer basket. Use a spatula to loosen the cauliflower from the basket so you can flip it over without removing the crispy crust. You can also lightly grease the basket with cooking spray before adding the cauliflower to minimize sticking.
- Sauce twice. For the best buffalo flavor, these cauliflower bites need to be sauced twice: once midway through cooking time and once just before serving. Rotate florets while brushing with sauce to coat all sides.
- Please eat immediately. This buffalo cauliflower is best when fresh from the air fryer, hot and still crisp. Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days, but they will lose some of their crispness. If you’re making this recipe for a party or game day, we recommend air-frying the cauliflower just before serving.
More Favorite Air Fryer Recipes
If you love these air fryer buffalo cauliflower wings, then try making these fun snacks in your air fryer:
air fryer buffalo cauliflower
- ⅔ cup all purpose flour, flatten with a spoon
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1 tea spoon garlic powder
- 1 tea spoon onion powder
- 1 tea spoon paprika
- ½ tea spoon sea salt
- ¾ cup water
- 1 Head cauliflower, About 2 pounds, split into large florets
- buffalo sauce, for brushing
- vegan lunch, for immersion, optional
Preheat air fryer to 400°F.
In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cornstarch, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and salt. Add water and whisk until smooth. Add cauliflower and mix.
Lift the cauliflower florets out of the dough and drop the excess dough into a bowl. Arrange them in a single layer in an air fryer basket, leaving a little space around each floret. Do not cram it in a basket. Work in batches as needed.
Air fry for 9 minutes. Remove from the air fryer and use a spatula to carefully flip the florets. Brush with buffalo sauce. Air fry for an additional 5 to 10 minutes or until cauliflower is dark and edges are crisp.
Remove from air fryer and brush with additional buffalo sauce. Serve with a vegan lunch for dipping, if desired.