This breaded steak recipe (Bistec empanizade) is a staple of Puerto Rico and easy and healthy to make in an air fryer!
air fryer breaded diced steak
If you’re in a rut and need new dinner ideas, your family will love this breaded steak.Beef diced steak is an inexpensive cut of meat similar to that used in country fried steak (the recipe is Skinnytaste air fryer dinner). Tommy grew up with this dish and it’s now on his dinner rotation. Crispy golden perfection and now I can’t eat it any other way! I serve it with Puerto Rican beans and rice and some lime wedges. For more breadless steak recipes, try this Air His Fryer His Steak.
Breading a thin steak might seem inconceivable, but in many Latin countries, the breaded steak is fried (Bistec empanizade), like chicken cutlet is very popular. It’s a delicious way to flavor cheap beef.
What is cube steak
Cube steak or cube steak is a tenderized, inexpensive cut of beef, usually top round or top sirloin. Beat with a meat tenderizer to make it soft and flat. The name refers to the shape of the indentation that remains. It is also used for chicken fried steak in American cuisine. Personally, I like to soften it with a meat mallet at home, so it’s very soft.
Breaded diced steak
- diced steak: You can buy a 16-ounce cube steak (also known as a cube steak or beef round sirloin) and tenderize it yourself.
- egg: beat 3 eggs in 1 tablespoon water.
- salt For seasoning beef.
- Bread crumbs: I used seasoned breadcrumbs this time, but if you only have regular breadcrumbs, you can add spices such as onion powder, garlic powder, and smoked paprika.
- olive oil spray spray on beef
Time to Air Fry Breaded Cube Steak
- Sprinkle the beef with salt, then dip it in the egg mixture and then the bread crumbs. Use a fork to pound the bread crumbs into the meat.
- Spray top of steak with oil and deep fry at 400°F for 5 minutes. Turn the steak over, spray the other side with oil, and let him bake for another 5 minutes.
Accompaniment to breaded diced steak
I love serving these diced steaks with rice and beans. salad Or sliced avocado. I always have sofrito in the freezer, so Puerto Rican rice and beans are a staple in my house, but any version will work, like these black beans and rice or Dominican beans.
How to store diced steak
Steaks can be kept in the refrigerator for up to four days.
Breaded meat recipes you’ll love:
yield: Four serving
Serving size: 1 piece
Salt and pepper the beef on both sides.
Beat the eggs with water in a shallow bowl.
Dip the beef into the egg and then into the bread crumbs, tapping with the back of a fork.
Transfer to the air fryer basket in batches as needed.
Spray top of beef with oil and air fry in a single layer at 400F for 5 minutes on each side, also spraying on other side when flipping. Serve with rice and lime wedges, if desired.
please leave a rating and comment Let us know how you liked this recipe! This allows our business to thrive and allow us to continue providing high quality recipes for free.
* About 4 tablespoons are omitted from the nutrition information display.
Serving: 1 piece, calorie: 328 kcal, carbohydrates: 15.5 g, protein: 33 g, obesity: 14 g, saturated fat: Five g, cholesterol: 218 mg, sodium: 944 mg, fiber: 1 g, sugar: 1.5 g