I’ve had tuna salad and chicken salad, but have you ever had salmon salad? This healthy, high-protein lunch can be made with leftover salmon or in the microwave he cooks in 2 minutes!
cold salmon salad
If you want a healthy salad rich in omega-3s, you’ll love this easy salmon salad. Only 5 minutes to make! I love it on toasted sourdough bread or any bagel, but there are so many ways to eat it. Poach the salmon in the microwave, but you can also make it with air-fried salmon or baked salmon.
When I was testing this recipe, I was surprised when my husband, Tommy, tried a few and started eating half the bowl. I devoured the salad. Can’t wait for you to try it! Dairy-free, gluten-free, low in carbs and high in protein.
- salmon: You will need half a pound of fillet.
- vegetable: Chop celery and red onion.
- lemon: Juice half a lemon.
- mayonnaise: Salmon is naturally oily, so this mayonnaise salad only uses a tablespoon.
- salt and pepper for seasoning
how to make salmon salad
- Cook salmon: To make this even faster, you can cook the fish in the microwave. Just cover and microwave for about 2 minutes. You can use leftover grilled salmon as a substitute. When done, fluff with a fork and let cool.
- Make a salad: Place the fish, onion, and celery in a large bowl, add lemon juice and mayonnaise, mix, and season with salt and pepper.
how to serve
- make salmon salad sandwich On bagels, toasted sourdough bread, or oat rolls.
- wrap the salad Whole-wheat or corn tortillas or grain-free wraps.
- Low carb wrap: large lettuce leaves, endive, or collard green.
- serve fish on spring mix or lettuce Add vegetables such as avocado, cucumber, and cherry tomatoes.
- Salmon salad bowl: Top the fish mixture on your favorite grain, such as quinoa or brown rice, add chopped vegetables, and drizzle with red wine vinegar.
- eat this cooking as a snack For rice crackers.
- Salmon Salad Pasta: Mix fish with whole wheat pasta and a little mayonnaise.
- salmon: You can use frozen salmon. Just thaw in the fridge the day before you want to make it. You can use canned salmon, but this recipe tastes better with fresh fish.
- protein: If you don’t like salmon, substitute canned tuna or diced or shredded chicken.
- Mayo: Sub greek yogurt for mayonnaise.
- onion: Swap red onions or green onions for shallots.
- Tangy Flavor: Stir in some Dijon or capers.
- Herbs: Stir in fresh parsley, dill, or chives.
- vegetable: Add chopped bell peppers, broccoli florets, or cucumbers.
- Chew: Add chopped almonds, pecans, or walnuts.
- seasoning: Sprinkle more seasonings such as garlic powder, onion powder, or all bagel seasonings.
More Salmon Recipes You’ll Love
yield: 3 serving
Serving size: 1 1/2 cup
Microwave salmon for about 2 minutes or use leftover cooked salmon.
Loosen with a fork and let cool.
Add the remaining ingredients, mix well, and chill in the refrigerator for about 4 days.
Serve with toast, lettuce cups, salads, and more.
please leave a rating and comment Let us know how you liked this recipe! This allows our business to thrive and allow us to continue providing high quality recipes for free.
Serving: 1 1/2 cup, calorie: 139 kcal, carbohydrates: 2.5 g, protein: 17.5 g, obesity: 7 g, saturated fat: 1.5 g, cholesterol: 39.5 mg, sodium: 185 mg, fiber: 0.5 g, sugar: 1 g