It’s officially below 30 degrees here in Chicago and I’m starting to wonder if there’s only 5 minutes of summer. anyone else?If you’re like me, breaking out hats, gloves, and hoodies to send you the cozy vibes and of course my best Healthy slow cooker recipes. For all season long.
There’s nothing better than coming home on a cold day and eating a hot bowl of soup or chili. Or melt gooey cheese into healthier turkey sloppy jaws (very good). The best thing about these slow cooker recipes is that you can throw everything in the slow cooker (I love it). this brand!) Literally just let it work its magic.
Why I Love Slow Cooker Meals
What’s not to love about crockpot meals? Here are these recipes.
- Easy to make. For most slow-cooker recipes, all you have to do is chop the veggies and perhaps brown the meat, then throw everything into the crockpot and do all the work. increase!
- Flavorful extras. As the name suggests, it is slowly simmered, so the ingredients become moderately soft and bring out the flavor. Spices and herbs are a must!
- Easy to clean. No more cleaning tons of pots and pans when you let the slow cooker do all the work. See you soon, cooking!
Tips for making recipes in the slow cooker
Most of the recipes below have instructions for making in a slow cooker or crockpot, but if not, here are some quick tips for converting stovetop recipes into slow cooker meals!
- timing. Most of my slow cooker recipes can be cooked on high for 3-4 hours and on low for 7-8 hours.
- liquid ratio. As a general rule of thumb, when converting stovetop recipes to slow cooker recipes, we recommend using about 1 cup less liquid. Cooking in the slow cooker naturally produces more water and liquid. .
- Cook chicken. Yes, you can cook raw meat in your slow cooker! If you’re using a chicken recipe, cook a whole chicken breast or thigh with the rest of the ingredients in your slow cooker. Once fully cooked, take it out, shred it, and put it back in the slow cooker to simmer.
- Cooking minced meat or beef. If you’re using beef or ground meat, it’s a good idea to brown the meat in a skillet before transferring it to the slow cooker with the ingredients.
- Add vegetables and pasta. At the end of cooking, stir in tender vegetables such as peas and spinach. The same goes for pasta and noodles (although they can be cooked separately).
Scroll through and pick your favorite and let’s make it that week! Recommend my famous turkey chili. Always use the hashtag #ambitiouskitchen when sharing on Instagram or posting photos to us facebook group.
Healing Curry Butternut Squash Lentil Soup (with slow cooker option!)
Slow Cooker Pumpkin Peanut Butter Chicken Soup
Creamy Tomato Orzo Soup with Mini Turkey Meatballs
Comfortable and Healthy Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup
Light Up Slow Cooker Chicken Wild Rice Soup
slow cooker black bean, quinoa and chicken tortilla soup
slow cooker taco lentil soup
slow cooker chicken tortilla soup
Vegan White Bean and Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
golden turmeric chicken soup
Easy black bean soup
golden coconut chicken lentil soup
Healthy Chicken Pot Pie Soup (Whole 30, Dairy Free)
best minestrone soup
butternut squash green chili chicken soup
stew & curry
slow cooker white wine chicken stew
mom’s slow cooker beef stew
slow cooker yellow chicken curry
Healthy Slow Cooker Chicken Tikka Masala
vegan slow cooker tofu tikka masala
Soothing Lemongrass Chickpea Thai Green Curry with Toasted Coconut Brown Rice
Sweet Potato and Lentil in Coconut Curry
Moroccan stew of butternut squash, chickpeas and lentils
vegetarian tofu cashew coconut curry
Nutritious Yellow Chickpea Pumpkin Curry with Coconut Brown Rice
healthy white chicken chili
best vegetarian chili recipes
slow cooker black beans quinoa pumpkin chicken chili
slow cooker black beans pumpkin turkey chili
Healthy Slow Cooker Chicken Chili Verde
best healthy turkey chili
slow cooker salsa verde chicken chickpeas chili
Black beans, sweet potatoes and quinoa chili with smoked chipotle
lentils and quinoa chili
Two beans and corn chipotle turkey chili
Incredible Slow Cooker Pulled Chicken Sandwich
How to make the best slow cooker chicken breast
slow cooker turkey tacos
30 Minute Healthy Turkey Sloppy Joe’s with Homemade Sauce
Slow Cooker Thai Peanut Chicken and Sticky Coconut Purple Rice
apps, snacks, sides
homemade slow cooker baked beans
Slow Cooker Sweet & Spicy BBQ Cranberry Turkey Meatballs
Best Creamy Garlic Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes
Homemade Slow Cooker Apple Butter (no sugar!)
Lightning Up Brown Butter Mash Sweet Potatoes (with slow cooker option!)
We hope you like these delicious and healthy slow cooker recipes. If you make something, please leave a comment and rating on the recipe. Have fun, xo!